Shed some light on hardware...

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
verine

Shed some light on hardware...

Post by verine » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:54 pm

How important is a good sound card? i have an Mbox Mini, and i can run ableton through it, but it lags and can't keep up...

i'm using an Asus g1s laptop with windows xp sp2, the onboard audio isn't really like, meant for high quality music stuff...

how do i get around this? what do you guys do?

verine

Re: Shed some light on hardware...

Post by verine » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:16 pm

maybe i just fail and don't know how to properly use the Mbox2 mini with ableton? does anyone else do that/how would i use it the right way?

aftertouch

Post by aftertouch » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 pm

go into your prefs and check its on the right Audio Device. not sure exactly what it should be " ASIO " something.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:08 pm

another option is to turn that onboard sound off in the BIOS. that way your MBox is the default... after all, there won't be any other option.

thats assuming that your can run your speakers from the MBox... if you're using a 1/8 jack well... the upgrade path is just ahead

verine

Post by verine » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:38 am

wowww... for whatever reason, when i tried to use the asio driver with ableton when i had Vista on my laptop, it was shitting out and lagging, so i thought it wouldn't work... i just tried it now that i have XP and it works really well, i am SO happy that it does.

thanks abunch!