FARMPAD - Can it trigger Chords (2+ notes) on a single pad?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Rhadiem

FARMPAD - Can it trigger Chords (2+ notes) on a single pad?

Post by Rhadiem » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:15 am

I'm wanting to setup Farmpad to play chords (2+ notes) per pad, but it doesn't seem to do that.. so I'm asking here just in case I missed it! (I hope I did!)

If this isn't possible, do you know of any good ways of triggering (and organizing) a ton of different chords grouped by key?

If Farmpad allowed this, I could have a scene for each key with a chord (and variations) assignable for each pad.

I tried: (as a test)

pad:13
note:C3,C4

and

pad:13
note:C3
note:C4

and neither way seems to work.

Does anyone know if Farmpad is being maintained? Hopefully it can be added if it's not already in there!

Thanks!

Rhadiem

Re: FARMPAD - Can it trigger Chords (2+ notes) on a single pad?

Post by Rhadiem » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:19 pm

anyone?

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:22 pm

I don't think that this is possible,
neither that it is maintained.

You could create some midiclips with the chords inside and trigger them without quantization with the padkontrol.
Or use a different chord plugins on different tracks routed to one instrument track.

Perhaps this helps you out.
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

Rhadiem

Post by Rhadiem » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:49 pm

Yeah, didn't figure so.. sadly. With the APC40 and Launchpad out, and M4L in beta.. I'm guessing our beloved PK won't get as much love as it did. :)

That said, farmpad is still stinkin sweet. I've got a lot of mackie control coded into it now, still working on the rest.