A more convinient clip view for DJ use

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
shere.kaan

A more convinient clip view for DJ use

Post by shere.kaan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:28 pm

I've been struggling with the clip view for when I want to DJ live. Does anyone know if there's an option to only see the top half of the waveform in clip view so I can get more visual on what's playing?

Another question; is there a way to assign zoom-in and zoom-out to midi controls (rotary and button) or other keyboard buttons? I hate that I have to use Shift in or to zoom-in with the Plus button.

I appreciate any help.

shere.kaan

Re: A more convinient clip view for DJ use

Post by shere.kaan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Anyone? Am I asking dumb questions? If there isn't a way, then can someone please say no? Thanks.

sherman

Post by sherman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:10 am

You can stretch the instrument panel so the waveform becomes larger too. This eats into your sessions panel so you wont be able to see as many clips though. If you're looking at waveforms, I assume you're working with tracks, not smaller clips though, and you can always scroll :) HTH
--sherman

shere.kaan

Post by shere.kaan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Yeah I don't want to sacrifice too much clip view. It would be nice if we could undock windows from Ableton like the waveform or at least create duplicate windows so that while DJing I can have a large session view or waveform view on a second monitor.

djboyoboyo

Post by djboyoboyo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:01 pm

agreed - would be nice to have a option to open another floating window which you can drop clips in to so you can always see where you are in a track and what's coming up