Two things i would love

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
maxgraham

Two things i would love

Post by maxgraham » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Groups within Groups, rather than creating an audio channel and sending groups into it, i would love to be able to have sub groups (three hats as one group, percussion as another, but both in a group called drums that can be easily expanded and hidden

Also cubase has a neat trick i miss, when a group is closed you still see the files channels within the group as very small coloured lines (in both ableton and cubase) but in cubase you can cut and paste the entire group channel to a different section. Rather than opening the group and selecting all the channels within it you can simply move the one group cluster of channels together.
i hope that made sense

Also i can't find a way, once i open a midi file to edit, to automatically have my midi keyboard armed to play that file. I find myself having to go out of the file, arm the track, then go back in

am i missing something on this one? if not i would love this as an option.

thanks

maxgraham

Re: Two things i would love

Post by maxgraham » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 pm

I guess this should be in the wishlist thingy if nobody replies to it :)

jjunk

Re: Two things i would love

Post by jjunk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:14 am

maxgraham wrote:Groups within Groups, rather than creating an audio channel and sending groups into it, i would love to be able to have sub groups (three hats as one group, percussion as another, but both in a group called drums that can be easily expanded and hidden

thanks
You could create 2 (or more) different drum racks, then call reach rack it's own thing (IE: hats, perc, snares.) and just load the instruments you want into each rack. Each rack will have it's own track then you can group all the separate tracks into a group.

works w/ drum or instrument racks.....