How do users make Battery 3 less cumbersome in Live?

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
samtastic

How do users make Battery 3 less cumbersome in Live?

Post by samtastic » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:24 am

hey all,
I love some of the sounds in Battery 3, and some of the effects you can add to your drums, but I find it very slow to work with in Live. Currently I'm using it so that individual cells, or groups of cells, are being sent to separate tracks in Live (so that i can process and effect them separately).

The main problem I'm having is that when you view a clip, in the piano roll view, rather than displaying the names of the drums samples, they're named after their notes (whereas in Live's native Drum Machine, they're named after whatever sample is in that cell). Is there any way to change this?

How do other users implement Battery 3 in Live?

cheers

im using Battery 3.0.2

trommelmeister

Re: How do users make Battery 3 less cumbersome in Live?

Post by trommelmeister » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 am

samtastic wrote:The main problem I'm having is that when you view a clip, in the piano roll view, rather than displaying the names of the drums samples, they're named after their notes (whereas in Live's native Drum Machine, they're named after whatever sample is in that cell). Is there any way to change this?
Yes, you can change this. You need to add a MIDI effect rack in front of the Battery-plugin. Then you have to create as many channels on this effect rack as you have notes mapped in Battery. On each channel you have to narrow down the key area to let just the one MIDI note pass which is mapped in Battery.

You can find some more detailed explanation in one of my other posts in this forum: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122640 (third post).

HTH, Martin

samtastic

Post by samtastic » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 am

thank you : )

you're a wonderful person.

will def look into this.

thanks again

trommelmeister

Post by trommelmeister » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 pm

samtastic wrote:you're a wonderful person.
I guess you are right ;-) I am glad that I could be of some help and by this give something back to this nice forum. Martin