Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:55 pm
I hadn't opened Live in about 11 months. And in that time I upgraded my Mac Book Pro to (OS X 10.7 ) 16GB of Ram. Upon trying to test out my new Quneo I got the "Out of Memory" Crash and Live would not open. I tried downloading 8.3 and 8.4 beta and got the same error. I finally pieced together a solution(?) that hopefully may work for others in a similar situation. What I did:
1) Uninstall old Ableton App by dragging from Applications to Trash
2) Delete the Alias in /Library/Application Support/Ableton
3) Move the folder in ~/Library/Preferences/Ableton
4) Copy your new Ableton App into your Applications folder
5) Get back to the awesomeness that is Ableton
* I would not empty the Thrash until I know that I did not screw something up. Also you could just rename those folders to something like BACKUP_Ableton... in case you need to restore.
** Note, I didn't even do step 4 because I have multiple versions of Ableton in my Applications folder. I still had success once I did steps 2 and 3).
Cheers and good luck