How to make pitch bend work in several VST's?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
DJBaronVonBass

How to make pitch bend work in several VST's?

Post by DJBaronVonBass » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry if this topic is not opened in the right place...

I use Ableton 8.0.1. And there are a few VST's which I use quite often, like Massive, Minimonsta, Minimoog V.
Now I have this very anoying problem which I just can't seem to solve even after looking all over the internet :S.

In every VST that I use I can't make an automation lane for the pitch bend. The VST's all do respond to my pitch wheel
on my M-Audio Oxygen 49 midi-keyboard, I can also record that in Ableton, but I do not get any automation lane of whatsoever (so it's useless because of latency and stuff)...Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It would be very welcome! I just want to draw automation lanes for my pitch bends, but I just don't know how to make it work.
Tnx!

danabus

Re: How to make pitch bend work in several VST's?

Post by danabus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 pm

if you drop down the automation menu there should be a "Midi ctrl". I'm pretty sure pitch bend should be somewhere in there... it might not be labeled correctly, it might be "Ctrl 31" or something similar. Try recording it in and then look at which midi ctrl got the automtion.

DJBaronVonBass

Post by DJBaronVonBass » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:06 pm

Where is the automation menu?

Edit: I mean: I can't find any automation menu anywhere...Not in my arrangement view, not in the session view and all I get in the control chooser (in the arrangement view) is "Device on".

Ravloo

Post by Ravloo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:39 am

Hi, use clip view (click on a clip), then show Envelopes by clicking E, Pitch bend should be there.