Cutting and pasting time: Live crashing

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
sundar

Cutting and pasting time: Live crashing

Post by sundar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

I want to add a four-measure introductory section to my piece. So I am trying to shift the whole piece over by four measures in order to make room for this. I am encompassing the 120 measures of the piece with a loop brace, clicking "Select Loop", clicking "Cut Time", setting the orange pointer at 5.1.1, and then clicking "Paste Time". Every time I do this, Live crashes. Does anyone else have any experience with this? Am I doing something wrong? It seems like it should be fairly simple to do something like this.

Thanks in advance.

H20nly

Re: Cutting and pasting time: Live crashing

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:16 pm

I haven't tried it the way you are attempting to. I'm sure it should work...
Have you tried highlighting everything and simply dragging it over 4 measure? Not as fancy, I know, but there's more that way to skin a cat they say...
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

sundar

Post by sundar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Oh, this is surprising: I did the same thing I was doing before except that I used keyboard shortcuts instead of menu commands. This time it worked without difficulty!

ANDERJAM21

Post by ANDERJAM21 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:51 pm

Both Live 9 and Live 10 hang for insanely long, sometimes 30s or a minute, in some cases when I paste time (sometimes when I cut time too). There are times when this isn't a problem at all, but it's often enough to be a real nuisance. I'd be very interested to know how to fix this.
Thanks
James