Mapping a button to show the wav view?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Digitally

Mapping a button to show the wav view?

Post by Digitally » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 pm

hey guys,
I use a Xone 3d with ableton. I have seen a lot of people mapping a button, so that everytime its pressed it shows the Wav view of the song, as opposed to the effects view. (in the bottom section of ableton). I am running 8 tracks at the same time and want to be able to switch to see the wav form of the file without reaching out to my laptop...
Is anyone else doing this on a xone 3d??? What do i have to assign to the midi button.????
Pls help..
thank you

myxomat0515

Re: Mapping a button to show the wav view?

Post by myxomat0515 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:25 pm

There's an area on each track in session view. I think its right next to the stop clip button on each track. You know when you are playing a clip, there's that little circle representation that tells you how many measures/beats are left? Thats the area that you click on in MIDI assign mode. Hope thats clear enough, I'm not looking at it at the moment. Its the last section on the bottom of each track strip that has a stop button. Note that if you click on the left side of this little box, you'll be mapping the stop clip function, and if you click on the right section of the box, you'll be mapping the waveform view that you want.

Digitally

Post by Digitally » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:36 pm

hey...
that was quick...
thanks.. will try it out....

buzby

Post by buzby » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:11 pm

also if you map the same button to the track title bar and set to toggle mode or something similar - not sure what on a zone 3d - then you should be able to alternate between the wave form view and the device view in the track by pressing the same button

also shift - tab (on a mac) to alternate between device view and waveform view
https://hiddensound.net/
https://linktr.ee/hiddensound
Sound Devices mix pre 3 and 10Tii, various Sennheiser mkh, dpa, LOM, Audio Technica microphones

Digitally

Post by Digitally » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm

thank you people ...resolved the issue...
thanks buzby,
but I've done is assigned the knob to the effects section toggle.. so when i move that knob, which is one of the parameters in the effects section, the effects section pops up for me to see what i'm changing... then simply press a button to go back to the wav view...
thanks....