How do I select multiple clips in arrange?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Dr. Fluffenstein

How do I select multiple clips in arrange?

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi,

Sometimes I work with direct audio in arrange view and drag and drop one shot samples right into the arrangement window. I was wondering how I could select more than one sample. I don't want to drag select a block of clips, only a few of them so I can move and edit them all at once. For example, I might want to select every other clip on a given track.

Is this possible?

Tone Deft

Re: How do I select multiple clips in arrange?

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:25 pm

believe it or not, no.

the workaround is to drag select a bunch of clips, move them around then delete what you don't want. this has been brought up before, please feel free to rant in the Feature Request forum, this is a pretty big oversight and a pain in the butt.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

glamourboy

Post by glamourboy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 pm

yeah,please go and rant. major fucking issue to me (as well).

Dr. Fluffenstein

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:03 am

All those bells and whistles, yet something so simple isn't there :roll:

Rant posted: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 3#p1145553

sigonamusic

Post by sigonamusic » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Yes please Ableton, we need a multiple clip select feature, just like any windows or mac interface, without having to select a whole block of time.

Lauri 6

Post by Lauri 6 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:35 pm

+1. Missing this feature is perhaps the most annoying yet "basic feature of any program" out there!

dubstar123

Post by dubstar123 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Totally agree. I am a new user, and this is one of the most annoying things to me. Also, the fact that if I want to "lasso" a section to copy, if I dont select the entire clips perfectly I am either cutting part of it or grabbing part of the clip next to it as well.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:52 pm

Yeah I have to ad my +1000 here. This is the EXACT reason I choose not to use Live anymore for doing sound design for video, it's just far too painful. An example of where this is a huge problem:

You have a very simple 2 minute fight scene where you need dozens of tracks with just small audio samples synched to actions in video. Hundreds of little edits and small files over a small 2 minute span. 2 days later you receive a new cut from the producer as they had to edit down the scene to fit into 1:30. Now you have hundreds of edits to move and no way to highlight everything.

I love Live for many things, for this kind of stuff tho it just fails in this department big time.