JUNO D, UC33e and ableton on apple...

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
jeskola

JUNO D, UC33e and ableton on apple...

Post by jeskola » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:59 pm

Heh.

I have hooked my junoD up to my UC33e which runs into my apple and thereby into ableton.

I can get a midi in (i.e when i hit a keyboard key - it displays inside the midi channel on ableton - to get a sound out i have to then select a sempler device on the midi channel... fine i then get out the notes i played on my keyboard but with the noise being from the sempler.

Question:
How do i get the noises stored inside my juno to play out through ableton (and be recorded) - and can i select a patch on the juno from within ableton and play it by hitting keyboard keys ??

jobot

Post by jobot » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:23 pm

Short answer: you can't, at least not directly.

What you would need to do is run the audio output from the Juno into a separate channel on your mixer. Then, run a cable from the record output (a booth out or effects send will work also) into the input on your Mac. Then set one channel in Ableton to record from this input.

You can set Ableton to send MIDI bank/sound data, but I don't remember how off the top of my head and I'm at work right now. :\

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:47 am

heh - got it to work...
just pplugged the juno into my contoller and vice versa...

i connected the sound output of the juno to my amp (which is also plaugged into mac to get a sound in, and the mac is plugged into the amp to get a sound out through the speakers)... all i need to do is create a new audi channel in ableton to hear the sound input from the amp back into the apple and a new midi channel to recieve the midi data, when i play bak it plays the synth - if i change the patch on the juno the midi on ableton plays the notes but as whatever patch i'm on.

awsome.