Akai MPD-32 remote script (with red box)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
jorelpri

Re: Akai MPD-32 remote script (with red box)

Post by jorelpri » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:07 am

thank you sir. much appreciated.

jorelpri

Post by jorelpri » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:44 am

when i switch to a different pad bank on the mpd then go to my drum rack i still cant play any it? it doesnt show that yellow arrow thing when i hit the pad?

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:52 am

jorelpri wrote:when i switch to a different pad bank on the mpd then go to my drum rack i still cant play any it? it doesnt show that yellow arrow thing when i hit the pad?
This has nothing to do with the script, as it doesn't do anything with the midi coming from banks B-D. Like I said earlier, it would help you a lot to spend some time reading the manual.

majorshake

Post by majorshake » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 am

Great script Seppe! Thanks heaps for it!
It's really useful if you use the remaining pad banks to control drum racks.

Now I do apologize if I missed this already, but is there any way to select and scroll through the effects in the racks with this preset?
ie, if i have both beat repeat and a filter on a track, right now i have to click on whichever one i want to use with the mouse. can we select them or switch through them directly from the mpd?

Edit:
nevermind, read the first post again.

BRILLIANT script.
http://soundcloud.com/major-shake <- my music
http://welcomesound.wordpress.com <- my blog about producing music

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:46 am

majorshake wrote:
Edit:
nevermind, read the first post again.

BRILLIANT script.
:D

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Hey, this is awesome, thanks for sharing.

I'm working on a remote script and am trying to map sends. However, when I try adding the send mapping code my script seems to crash. Anyone knows how to properly do that?

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

_bryce

Post by _bryce » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:00 am

Im interested in checking this out!
Im fairly new to ableton and only just got my MPD32 aswell just had one question, Is there a way to toggle between using this script and having default?

Ive got a few templates set-up for jamming and DJ'ing and i wasnt sure if this would affect it?

Thanks in advance!

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 am

rbmonosylabik wrote:
I'm working on a remote script and am trying to map sends. However, when I try adding the send mapping code my script seems to crash. Anyone knows how to properly do that?
In the script, the faders are mapped to sends A and B. What exactly do you want to do?

Seppe

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 am

_bryce wrote: Im fairly new to ableton and only just got my MPD32 aswell just had one question, Is there a way to toggle between using this script and having default?

Ive got a few templates set-up for jamming and DJ'ing and i wasnt sure if this would affect it?
You can use control banks B and C and pad banks B, C and D for whatever you want, as they are not used by the script. The only buttons you cannot "toggle" are the transport buttons. The script could mess up your templates, but if you remap everything to the "free" pad and control banks, then it should work.

Seppe

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Seppe wrote:
rbmonosylabik wrote:
In the script, the faders are mapped to sends A and B. What exactly do you want to do?

Seppe
I'm putting together a script gor the BCR2000, thanks to your scripts I got it working now. I was missing the None parameter in set_send_controls. What does it stand for? The closest I could find on mapping sends is from the VCM600 script, and that one handles the mapping differently.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:17 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote: I'm putting together a script gor the BCR2000, thanks to your scripts I got it working now. I was missing the None parameter in set_send_controls. What does it stand for? The closest I could find on mapping sends is from the VCM600 script, and that one handles the mapping differently.
If I remember correctly, the three arguments of that function stand for sends A, B and C. So if you set None for sends C, no controls will be defined for sends C.

_bryce

Post by _bryce » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:30 am

Seppe wrote:
_bryce wrote: Im fairly new to ableton and only just got my MPD32 aswell just had one question, Is there a way to toggle between using this script and having default?

You can use control banks B and C and pad banks B, C and D for whatever you want, as they are not used by the script. The only buttons you cannot "toggle" are the transport buttons. The script could mess up your templates, but if you remap everything to the "free" pad and control banks, then it should work.

Seppe
Awsome dude, I was under the impression that it would permantly leave the MPD in this setting but after playing with it i realised you can just change it back to MPD32 instead of my_MPD32 for my different templates

Thanks heaps for this man, makes life so much easier!

zak_0503

Post by zak_0503 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm

for some reason when i hold shift (s8) down and try and go left and right with S2 and S3, it just doesnt happen. then it just randomly turns back on. why oh why?

this is a great script by the way, creates so much more options for this for use as a live pad

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:26 pm

zak_0503 wrote:for some reason when i hold shift (s8) down and try and go left and right with S2 and S3, it just doesnt happen. then it just randomly turns back on. why oh why?

this is a great script by the way, creates so much more options for this for use as a live pad

It could be that you haven't set the buttons to momentary.

zak_0503

Post by zak_0503 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:36 am

Seppe wrote:

It could be that you haven't set the buttons to momentary.
ive definitely assigned the S buttons to momentary and the numbers are matching that of the diagram. all in control bank A as well. S1 and S4 both work to move up and down the scenes with the box however... should i also mention that it was working well and dandy before and then boom it decided to poop up.

i thought maybe i had adjusted something in the midi that i shouldnt have, yet i downloaded another file and it still came up like that. i also noticed that if i press the insert track button or shortcut, the pad wont respond anymore. it recognises that there is a signal, however it doesnt output that signal :S