audio interface for synths.

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
RoCi

audio interface for synths.

Post by RoCi » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:55 am

got a microkorg and and moog phatty what audio interface will give me a really good sound?

i also go the original 808 and 909.

RoCi

Re: audio interface for synths.

Post by RoCi » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:30 pm

cmon name some guys. please lol

stonee

Post by stonee » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:48 pm

price range?

really, they're all about the same. I use a motu ultralite, and would highly recommend it.

personally, for running large amounts of channels simultaniously, I would try and stick with firewire.

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:30 am

stonee wrote:price range?

really, they're all about the same. I use a motu ultralite, and would highly recommend it.

personally, for running large amounts of channels simultaniously, I would try and stick with firewire.
between 500-600

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 am

does the digi 003 work with ableton?

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:22 am

I can recommend the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40.
It's on the lower edge of your price range, the drivers work great (at least on OS X), the pre-amps and converters sound just as good as those on the RME Fireface 400 as far as I can tell, and it has enough Inputs for all your gear.

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:37 pm

MPGK wrote:I can recommend the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40.
It's on the lower edge of your price range, the drivers work great (at least on OS X), the pre-amps and converters sound just as good as those on the RME Fireface 400 as far as I can tell, and it has enough Inputs for all your gear.
ill look into it. do you know if the digi 003 works with ableton?

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:46 pm

ok looking into the presonus fp10, focusrite pro 40, motu ultralite, and m audio prject mix. which is the best out of thse

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:04 pm

RoCi wrote:
Of course it does. And what you should get heavily depends on what you need and what you want to do with it. The M-Audio is well above your price range if I'm not mistaken, but it has faders and controls for your DAW.
I'd prefer the Focusrite over the Presonus in terms of pre-amp and converter sound, the Saffire also has more pre-amps than the MOTU, while the MOTU has built-in FX and a higher sample rate.

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

MPGK wrote:
RoCi wrote:
Of course it does. And what you should get heavily depends on what you need and what you want to do with it. The M-Audio is well above your price range if I'm not mistaken, but it has faders and controls for your DAW.
I'd prefer the Focusrite over the Presonus in terms of pre-amp and converter sound, the Saffire also has more pre-amps than the MOTU, while the MOTU has built-in FX and a higher sample rate.
so the focusrite over the motu and presonus? im thinking about the digi003 and m -audio cause im debating on getting a lemur which i most likely get.

juanlittledevil

Post by juanlittledevil » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 pm

I've used a MOTU 828 MKII for years and it's still better than most interfaces out there. The latency I get from it is ridiculously low. Also the quality of the A/D converters is amazing. If I had the money I'd go for an Apogee instead though, but that's a HUGE increase which I'm not able to afford specially with such a great interface at the moment ;)

-- Juan

FuzzyKeys

Post by FuzzyKeys » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:13 am

The Focusrite and M-Audio Profire preamps are better than the Presonus and Digi ones IMO.

domkane

Post by domkane » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:09 pm

For that price range, I'd say the M-Audio ProFire is a good choice. I actually really like the Octane Pre-amps.
Producer | Engineer | Sound-Designer

Sound designer for Moog (Phatty Series, Animoog, Sub37), FXpansion (D-CAM, Geist), Steve Duda & Deadmau5 (Nerve & Serum)

ARTIST: http://www.domkane.com
STUDIO: http://www.kaneaudio.com

NF

Post by NF » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:43 pm

I would recommend for you the echo audiofire 8 or focusrite saffire pro 40.

There you get many I/Os.

Echo has a bit better AD/DA and very good drivers for all OS.
The cool thing about techno still, comparing it to most jazz is the improvisation coupled with raw energy.