BASIC NIGHT CLUB DJ RACK

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
tobybennett

BASIC NIGHT CLUB DJ RACK

Post by tobybennett » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:46 am

Just wanted to share this RACK with anyone new to LIVE as a DJing tool. Having started DJing with vinyl in the 90's, I made this Rack that in my opinion best emulates a traditional analog DJ mixer. Open the Info View for the low-down. I gave each EQ band a slight boost when turned all the way up as to avoid digital distortion. The GAIN macro gives your track a +4db boost in case you trigger a track that is quiet. I tried to emulate the Allen & Heath XONE filters with the 2 macros LOW CUT & HIGH CUT. Use them together for more fun. The FX and DELAY macros are simple, delete them or change them to taste. Lastly, there is a Utility effect on the end of the rack. Clubs run sound systems in mono, so you should run in mono. Map a KEY to set the WIDTH to zero for mono and 100 for stereo. Again, this Rack is intended to help beginners DJ with LIVE. I have seen way too many templates for DJing that are over-complicated with crazy routing, Busses going back into tracks that go into dummy clips through another bus, etc. I hope this Rack simplifies things for those of you who need it. Look for my harmonic mixing template soon. Thanks

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/51787396/file.html