live set with apc40 only

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Zky

live set with apc40 only

Post by Zky » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:36 pm

hello guys

during the years i been using ableton for my live sets combining audio and midi with external hardware

normally using the midi side for drums and synths and the audio side for all those things that hardware cant do (like reaktor files,some fx's, really long samples etc etc)

for this i always used a 16 ch mixer with couple of outboard fx etc..anyway..

as some of you who have noticed,,its becoming more difficult every day regarding flight restrictions with hand luggage etc

also economy its slower now,,so we need to take more care of our hardware gear when it comes to travel around doing gigs,,not so easy anymore to spend cash on a mpc or drum machine if this get broke or stolen

so now i would like to recreate my live set (or to build a new one) using just laptop/ableton/apc40/max4live and using only the master output via my soundcard..

the thing is,,im not really experienced on software only live set projects

i would like to ask those of you who are more familiar with this set up if you could share your tips on how to split audio-internal midi channels using the apc40,,also tips about best use of send channels,,maybe compressors on the master output? etc

any hints would be greatly appreciatted

thanks in advance!!