Akai MPK Mini Script

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
xpertvision

Re: Akai MPK Mini Script

Post by xpertvision » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 pm

mothergarage wrote:You should rename the folder you copied to the "User Remote Scripts" folder, the one provided by Ableton will be changed if you update. But this is just to distinguish them. The location of that folder depends on your operating system.

Windows: Users\<Your Username>\App Data\Roaming\Ableton\<Live Version>\Preferences\User Remote Scripts

Mac: Macintosh HD>Users>[yourusername]>Library>Preferences>Ableton>[Live Version]>User Remote Scripts

this is what i have done in live 8:

i used "MPK MINI Editor .13" to upload this presets:

Preset 3 (Send 1)
Preset 4 (Send 2)
Preset 1 (Drumrack + Macros)
Preset 2 (Volume +Arm)

then i copy your UserConfiguration.txt to C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 8.3.4\Preferences\User Remote Scripts

what i am doing wrong please????
Last edited by xpertvision on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Well as I wrote here and elsewhere, you should copy the FOLDER not just the file. And you should (could) rename the FOLDER (not the file) to distinguish my script from the one provided by Ableton as Live recognises the script by foldername.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

xpertvision

Post by xpertvision » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 pm

mothergarage wrote:Well as I wrote here and elsewhere, you should copy the FOLDER not just the file. And you should (could) rename the FOLDER (not the file) to distinguish my script from the one provided by Ableton as Live recognises the script by foldername.

so in that case will be C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.0.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts\RENAMEDFOLDER\UserConfiguration.txt

i always tought i had to replace the ableton script by your script and not create a new folder inside...

english is not my mother language sorry... sometimes simples thing can be a hell (for sure many people out there saying it doenst work are doing the same errors i have done for sure)

i will test this later

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 pm

yes, this seems to be correct. Ableton's script is just a template.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

uchconveyor

Post by uchconveyor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:07 am

Are you currently buying work from home business chance which you can use Flow Rail to obtain your personal company in your own home began? After that it is necessary you know probably the most essential point to not perform while you research for top 1 to work with. Through understanding top chains exactly what to not perform, you are able to steer clear of the typical errors that individuals help to make whenever selecting the chance on their behalf. You may also make sure Side Guard that you tend to be deciding on the best company that you should begin, which can make success easier for you personally.

General Static

Post by General Static » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:29 pm

A couple questions: Will this script work with the new mpk mini? I got the mk 2 and I was wondering if it would work... Second, What is "CC"? I am a beginner and have not heard of that until now... Third, What does the scripts do? I dont understand what it does or how to use it. And lastly, and this is kind of off-topic but I cnt find any info ANYWHERE: Are Wobble and Hybrid 3 plugins? Standalones? What? I looked online I looked at their websites and for some reason I cant find an answer to this very simple question. IF you guys could answer ALL of my questions I will be very happy! :)
Bacon.

General Static

Post by General Static » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:05 pm

well I figured out what wobble and hybrid were(VST) still not a clue what CC is or what its used for.
Bacon.