Sampler retrigger mode?

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
towers of silence

Sampler retrigger mode?

Post by towers of silence » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 am

Kind of a n00b question, perhaps, but is there a retrigger mode for Sampler? I've been watching the Elektron Octotrack demo videos and it seems like most of the features can be duplicated by Live. However, I can't seem to figure out how to duplicate a dynamic retrigger function without a workaround. I've been using Live for a long time now but it seems like retriggering is only available in the clip launch parameters....
Specifically, I'd like to be able to hit a trigger of a drum rack pad and have that sample retrigger at a certain rate while I hold that key/note down. I'd also like to be able to map the retrigger rate to a macro knob so I can change it while holding down a particular note. I have figured out a workaround involving a Beat Repeat effect, but retriggering is such a basic concept I thought there might be a more efficient way to do it.

yur2die4

Re: Sampler retrigger mode?

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:38 am

Arpeggiator MIDI Effect set to Chord ??

towers of silence

Re: Sampler retrigger mode?

Post by towers of silence » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Figured it out- there are actually two ways- there is a Retrigger button in the Volume envelope section, but for greater control I was able to map some of the Sustain mode buttons to a key and mapped the loop start and end points to a knob and so I got the effect I was looking for.