My "Pallet" ableton set.

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Supa Ninja

My "Pallet" ableton set.

Post by Supa Ninja » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:29 am

Hey! So I thought I would share with you a cool method I've added to my workflow. Its especially usefual because I switched to Logic a little while back (but it doesn't matter what DAW you use). I found that going to Ableton and rendering out into Logic keeps me from over-tweaking shit. It switches things up, keeps me inspired and I get to mix in Logic (love my automation in Logic :wink: ). For shits and giggles I decided to go back to the SAME set each time I wanted to create some complicated instrument rack and sequence clips in the session view (I import the 2 track from my Logic (or Live!) session and match the tempo). Since I've gone to the SAME SET over the past couple months, this shit has like 50 tracks and 100 clips now and is still growing. I also go to it if I had an awesome riff in my head and need to quick jot it down... same super "pallet" ableton set. I'll create a clip on an existing instrument or I'll make a new instrument (Naming the clips stabs, pads, lead with the BPM I wrote it) -- If I use FX I'll send out to aux sends and route the aux's back to tracks next to the specific instrument and group them so I'll have it all nice and tidy for export. I put a "scale" on every track so I can quickly tranpose the keys of my clip to match my 2 track (And if I like it I'll print to arrrange and tweak and automate).

So if I get stuck in Logic (or any DAW, LIVE it doesn't mater) I'll go to my super inspirational ABleton "Pallet" set with my 2 track and audtion it with old ideas, or old ideas on different instruments, the possibilities are endless and you can audtion them ALL in real time (F*&#$k you Library Browser!!!) A storage unit with shevles and shelves of all the sounds and ideas I've made in past. I will sell you my incredible Pallet set for a thousand million billion dollars muhahahahahahaha :twisted:

Anyways, just DO IT. Its inspirational and most of all its getting me to really dig into my own sound (Combining instrument racks of the past with the new). Then export the audio file and kill the tweak monster. hey! :wink:

inoagirl

Re: My "Pallet" ableton set.

Post by inoagirl » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 am

Dope.
Noa (Sonido Local Recordings)

Facebook.com/Noa.nyc
Sonidolocalrecordings.com

Trent

Re: My "Pallet" ableton set.

Post by Trent » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:18 am