Vocal delay fx, but just the delay

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
leighbeynon

Vocal delay fx, but just the delay

Post by leighbeynon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 am

i remember reading a great tip on here about a vocal fx, but i cant seem to find it now,

basically you could have the delay fx of the vocal coming out without the vocal itself being heard, it involved some routing etc but i cant quite figure it out,

anyone know this one? lets say you have a phrase "you are here" you could just have the multi tap delay here here here here wet with none of the original vocal coming through so the timing was different also
LPB

Cezband

Re: Vocal delay fx, but just the delay

Post by Cezband » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Well, if you want just the delay then turn the dry/wet know all the way to wet.

From your description, it seems more like you're just trying to get one word of the sentence to go to the delay and the rest to stay where it is? That's just a case of putting the delay on a return track, and automating the send knob so that it is set at 0 for everything apart from the words you want to effect. So between "are" and "here" you draw the envelope in to jump up to 100%
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

5id

Post by 5id » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:01 am

Look up MAGIC SENDS :wink:
Xone:DB4, MBP, and a lovely set of one's n' two's

leighbeynon

Post by leighbeynon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:59 am

now at first i thought you were pulling my leg, but this is exactly what i was looking for just the effected audio coming out and not the original dry audio
fantastic and really useful !! thanks
LPB

5id

Post by 5id » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 am

If you like delays, check out http://www.extendlive.com/

They have a free live pack with all sorts of delay's that comes with lessons explaining how they work.

Have you tried ping pong delay in re-pitch mode ?

Ctrl/click the top of the ping pong and you get a drop down menu, try it out changing the time while the delay rings out :wink:
Xone:DB4, MBP, and a lovely set of one's n' two's