Best way to organized Live projects with Reason instruments?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
dentaku

Best way to organized Live projects with Reason instruments?

Post by dentaku » Wed May 04, 2011 11:55 pm

I can't think of any other way to organize a Live project that has Reason rewired in it than to save the Reason file in the same location as the Live project using the same names as to not get confused.
It seems kinda annoying to have to then open Reason yourself and then open the Reason project every time you open something in Live that uses Reason.
If you know what I mean...

Am I missing something here? Is there as easier way.

AtmosTrio

Re: Best way to organized Live projects with Reason instruments?

Post by AtmosTrio » Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

On the Mac there is a software utility called Automator with which you can create scripts or apps. (Macros)

If you have a consistent set-up, you could simply hit one icon and have all your software (apps & files) open in whatever order you choose.

There is likely a Windows alternative.
Rob Michael
http://bit.ly/Rob_Michael
Live 8.2.2 + MOTU 828 mkII + Guitars

dentaku

Post by dentaku » Fri May 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Yeah, interesting. I never thought of that.

Blankman8503

Post by Blankman8503 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:18 am

If there is a windows alternative I would be very interested. I've also thought about how the process of opening programs in order. I abandoned rewiring reason a while ago when I picked up my radias-r and also because of limitations I was encountering in the rewire process. I don't know how Reasons devices work but there may be a possibility to send a program change message. I do this with my EMX-1 and Radias to change programs from ableton rather than by hand. If you could use such messages to activate different presets and instruments it would increase my willingness to bring reason back into my setup.
Korg EMX-1, Korg KP3, Korg KM-2, Korg Radius-R, Korg R3, Akai APC40, Akai APC20, Edirol UA-101, Cakewalk UM-2G