All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: a very useful MIDI tip
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 am 

Excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:27 am 

funken wrote:
Excellent!

By the way,

Quote:
# Enter the respective map mode for the encoders here. The following
# map modes are available:
# - Absolute
# - Absolute14Bit
# - LinearSignedBit
# - LinearSignedBit2
# - LinearTwoCompliment
# - LinearBinaryOffset
# - AccelSignedBit
# - AccelSignedBit2
# - AccelTwoCompliment
# - AccelBinaryOffset

Do you know how each works?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 am 

Not a clue! :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 pm 

cool, thanks for this info

i just wanted to mention the thing that got my remoteSL working after about an hour of nothing working...
originally i made a folder called "remoteSL" but I actually had to call it "RemoteSLnew" because when i just created a folder called "remoteSL" it would use the factory remoteSL controller config. I would select the new "remoteSL" as controller in ableton prefs, and it would automatically jump back to the old "remoteSL" as controller. Changing the name of the folder fixed it, so i could just select remoteSLnew as controller. Just thought i would let people know in case they are having the same problem with stock configs conflicting with the new config. (i thought the name of the folder would HAVE to actually match the keyboard, but that was the misconception i had that created the problem i guess. Probably with usb the name of the folder is more important.)

anyway,
also works with lemur so that is cool.

p.s. just to explain again for anyone who hasn't understood what was posted earlier in the thread -
to control 16 parameters
1- get the 16 parameters you want to control listed using the configure button
2- map 8 of them to macros
3- drag the other 8 so they are the first eight in the configure window, and the macro'd ones are the last eight
4- click on the macros and the blue hand controls them
5- click on the device itself and the blue hand controls the non macro'd (first eight) parameters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 am 

Great stuff! I got my VCM600 working awesome! BUT wish I could save more buttons with mapping a device control chooser. Anyone know how to map the blue hand to move left and right? Like the arrows on a regular computer keyboard?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 am 

Does this still work with Ableton 9 and Python scripts?
I started looking at it but stopped as i saw this was an ableton 8 trick...
I'm very curious to have the solution for A9?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 pm 

Oliver Alex wrote:
Does this still work with Ableton 9 and Python scripts?
I started looking at it but stopped as i saw this was an ableton 8 trick...
I'm very curious to have the solution for A9?

You mean the whole User Remote Script thing? Yes it works fine. You can use scripts from Live 8 in Live 9. I never had to change anything when 9 came out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:54 pm 

Hey Funken, do you know how to move the blue hand (device selected) from L to R like the keypad arrows? But with midi messages?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:15 pm 

djmichaelwenz wrote:
Hey Funken, do you know how to move the blue hand (device selected) from L to R like the keypad arrows? But with midi messages?

I think the APC40 does it. The way I worded it in my review is a bit ambiguous though, as I mention 'arrow keys' but I think I meant the arrow buttons. I wouldn't know how to write a script.

Selected Track Control can do it, as far as I can tell, but I only use it with keys and so I've not tried it that way. Try that if you haven't got a controller that does it.

Another way is to MIDI or Key Map the device title bars, but that's a chore unless you just want it for the odd item. However once done you can save it as a track or set template so it's a possibility for some things I suppose.

Maybe it's easy to do with Bomes MIDI Translator, I've used that to get Midi to carry out keyboard actions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:29 am 

Thanks, great tip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 pm 

Hi all, I'm trying to setup a remote midi script for my Nord Lead 2x and can't get the blue hand to appear. Can anyone help?

Here are my thoughts... When I put my Novation launch control in the control surface area of preferences, the blue hand immediately appears on a device. When I put my 'NordLead2x' control surface up, the blue hand doesn't appear. This makes me think that something pretty basic is wrong. Rather than it being to do with what midi channel or cc numbers I've put down.

Now because the Nord has to go through a midi interface I have put the 'Pro24' (the name of the interface) in the input and output name within the configuration file. But still no blue hand. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

These sorts of things can eat hours up! I want to make some music.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:51 pm 

Nevermind, got it.

Just for anyone else struggling with this. I put the user script in Apps/Ableton/Show Package Contents/App-Resources/Midi Remote Scripts

and it should be in HD/User/library/preferences/ableton (version number)/User remote scripts.

So there you go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8