Automating track delay

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Dawi

Automating track delay

Post by Dawi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:49 am

Several searches returned unfruitful so i decided to put it to you all directly...

is it possible to automate Track Delay in Live 8 ??? Till now i've always just duplicated bu there has to be an easier way. Probably i'm missing the obivious here but really can seem to find it myself.

thanks!

Quantize

Re: Automating track delay

Post by Quantize » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 am

As far as I know it's not possible to automate track delay but one work around is to ad a simple delay to the track, turn on link and change sync to time. If you now set the effect to 100% wet you can automate the time control to add delay in ms.

Hope this helps :-)

jsumners

Post by jsumners » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:38 am

Great idea. Thank you. The only downside is you can't do "negative delay" with this method.

Quantize

Post by Quantize » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:40 am

Actually..... you can :-) If you negative track delay the actual track and then use the delay to bring it in line you will be able to automate in either direction.

As an example, negative track delay by 100ms. Simple delay normal delay 100ms. Now everything will play in time and you can automate it forward by up to 100ms.

Hope this helps :-)

k-toh

Post by k-toh » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:09 pm

In arrangement view, with everything open on the right hand side, one of the columns is for delay on each track. You can go plus or minus on this to get it as you wish, though I'm not sure you can alter that throughout the timeline :?: