back to arrangement when nothing is in arrangement view

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
GLJdrew

back to arrangement when nothing is in arrangement view

Post by GLJdrew » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 pm

I know there's such confusion about the back to arrangement button, and just when I thought I understood it, it pops up again.
From what I understand, this lights up when the session view and arrangement view are not matched up, meaning theres different parameters for a track(s) in the session view vs the arrangement view. Maybe that's not it. BUT
My 2 questions are:

1. is this red button a bad thing to see or does it not mean there's a "problem"
2. How can this light up if theres nothing in the arrangement view??

Thanks everyone!

Andrew
MacPro 2.7 Ghz i7. 4GB Ram. Ableton 8.2.6. Axiom 49 Pro. M-Audio O2, APC 40, Komplete 8

Boss Level Music

Re: back to arrangement when nothing is in arrangement view

Post by Boss Level Music » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 am

To answer your first question, no it doesn't indicate a "problem" just a difference. It's only there to let you know your not hearing purely the arrangement.

And for the second question. The back to arrangement button lights up because it expects nothing to play.

If you intend to have something in session view playing then just ignore the back to arrangement button. No harm will come from it being on. But if what you hear doesn't match what you see in arrangement view, now it's time to press that button.

GLJdrew

Post by GLJdrew » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Thank you! That helps a lot. So basically if nothing is in arrangement view but I'm launching clips from session view it will always be on?
MacPro 2.7 Ghz i7. 4GB Ram. Ableton 8.2.6. Axiom 49 Pro. M-Audio O2, APC 40, Komplete 8

Boss Level Music

Post by Boss Level Music » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Yep, you've got it.