Remote SL's Master Scene Launch on other Templates?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
braduro

Remote SL's Master Scene Launch on other Templates?

Post by braduro » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi,
Posted this on Ableton community help, but thought I'd see what kind of audience I'd find here as well (if I overlooked the answer in some old post, feel free to include it in your response; I just looked, both under posts and topics):

In Novation's natively supported instant map settings for mixer control for the Remote SL series, the central 3 buttons on the far left move the highlighted scene up and down and fire the Master Scene (labeled 4,5, and 6 in the first diagram for the Remote SL series under Natively Supported Control Surfaces in the Control Surface Reference under the Help View).

If you go into manual midi assignment mode, these 3 buttons will send CC messages 1/81, 1/82/,1/83 respectively. However, on other templates on the Remote these dedicated interface buttons will not send MIDI messages, as far as I understand, even if I change the midi port and channel in both Template and Global settings to the same as that for the Live native control template (assuming I am doing this correctly).

I would like all my Live-related templates to use this same mixer functionality, namely that each template permits me to move up and down on scenes and fire off the master scene. Frankly, I'd like the two buttons directly below and above these to be midi assignable as well. Any thoughts?

Best Regards

yur2die4

Re: Remote SL's Master Scene Launch on other Templates?

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 am

I would just copy that template to other preset slots and then change all the rest of the parameters to your liking.

braduro

Re: Remote SL's Master Scene Launch on other Templates?

Post by braduro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Yeah, I will probably break down and do that. Been resisting the idea as I'll probably overlook some detail when I rebuilt the template; I tend to not use the editor that much and even with it saved, I know a couple manual adjustments that I didn't back up will have me scratching my head. I'll try copying it to a template number I don't use...yup, it'll do the trick. cheers, y2d4