Dry drum beat vs. Drumbeat with real room reverb comparison

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
mayabong

Dry drum beat vs. Drumbeat with real room reverb comparison

Post by mayabong » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 pm

I had a thread a few days ago about this, figured I'd give it a little test. I am pleased with the results and will run all my electronic drums this way I think cause it gives them more body.

I basically took a simple drum kit... played it through my monitors and recorded them through a mic placed in the center of my room.

I then mixed it with the dry signal.

I'm kinda in a rush so its not in stereo and just a vocal condenser mic with the omni setting on. I'm sure you could come up with lots more fun stuff with more mics and some equing. Anyways here is a quick comparison. dry then wet added.. dry ... wet added.

http://soundcloud.com/gus-t-wind/reverbtest

MarkHenry

Re: Dry drum beat vs. Drumbeat with real room reverb comparison

Post by MarkHenry » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 am

nice work done. I like this sound creation. Thanks for sharing.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:00 pm

I love this idea! Not for every application but totally awesome, especially with everyone crying about lives reverb.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

luddy

Post by luddy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:54 am

I stumbled into a variation on this recently that sounded pretty cool. Mic in front of speakers, but the return path from the mic also feeding the monitors (in a feedback loop), and record the wet (feedback) sound. Obviously you want to keep monitor levels under firm control for this haha otherwise you will get squealing feedback. But it can give a pretty nice reverb tail that the room itself doesn't have.
-Luddy