combining clips?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
pilk

combining clips?

Post by pilk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:52 pm

I have tracks setup with induvedual drums on each...Snare...Kick...Hat and so on. I would like to combine the 6 tracks/clips into one track/clip. I can arm the new track and set it to record the input from each induvedual track and overdub each, but that's six times I have to do this for every combined clip. Is there not a way to send all the midi from the six tracks to the new track and only record once?

Thanks,
Pilk

MarkvW

Re: combining clips?

Post by MarkvW » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Drum Rack?

fidelitarean

Post by fidelitarean » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Use "MIDI to" on the original 6 tracks and "All Ins" on the target track and, as the previous poster says, a Drum Rack on your target.
------------------------------------------
http://fidelitarium.blogspot.com
------------------------------------------

pilk

Post by pilk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 pm

If you are asking am I using drum rack...yes. It would be any tracks of midi that I want to combine...not just drums. I am preparing for a live show and want to condense my tracks listed across my screen. Grouping my tracks will give me what I need, but I have wanted to combine tracks as well.

pilk

Post by pilk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:02 am

Thanks fideltarean, I saw this on an older post...like '06, but I'm not sure where "midi to" is located in Live 8.

pilk

Post by pilk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:28 am

I see it now...I had to delete each instrument from my six midi tracks so the "audio to" would change to "midi to". The "midi to" was not availible on any of my midi tracks with instruments assigned.

Thanks guys!
Pilk