Latency with scarlett 2i2

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
marcoides

Latency with scarlett 2i2

Post by marcoides » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 am

Hi
Im using a mac pro OS x 10.6.8 + live 7 + scarlett 2i2
I see in the live audio preferences there is an option to modify settings related to sample rate - latency - buffer size - latency in -out etc...

Anybody knows if i can get rid of the latency by modifying this settings?

Anybody knows what are the good setting for this

Thanks...

Schmidi

Re: Latency with scarlett 2i2

Post by Schmidi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:01 am

So I have the 8i6. What you need to do is go outside of Ableton to the 2i2's software control panel (called Scarlett Mixcontrol). Bear in mind I'm on Windows, but there must be a Mac equivalent "control panel".

When you find that, click "Settings" and then click "ASIO Buffer Size", then select your buffer. You will see the latency in Live change depending on the setting you pick.

Schmidi

Mané Diaz

Post by Mané Diaz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 am

The 2i2 is incompatible with the software mixer from Focusrite.

What they provide instead is hardware monitoring, available directly on the front of the device, allowing you to monitor dry signal mixed with the DAW.

You can also lower the sample rate from the automatic 512 to something lower to reduce latency. Keep in mind, this will increase the load on the hard drive the lower you set it.

Check out the built in lesson on latency and audio interfaces for a good foundation on this subject.

isaacb

Post by isaacb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 am

hey there, i'm also using the scarlett 2i2 interface, and i was having pretty bad latency as well, however easily enough i found in the preferences of ableton live (right around where you're looking) the "hardware setup" button, which upon clicking i was able to set the buffer length (to 1 ms) which seemed to fix my problem completely. im using live 8 in windows, but im assuming you should have that option there too.