Audio pops and crackles after bounce

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Leejohnson222

Audio pops and crackles after bounce

Post by Leejohnson222 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 am

Ableton told me to alter my settings as native instruments plugs keep freezing everything
This didn't help and now when I bounce my file sounds terrible. I did return the settings to how they were but no luck, this is horrible Shelton keeps freezing pc had to he reset 5 times last night now any work I have done sounds a mess when exporting
Any advice ? I am thinking about mac
Currently I am on windows 7 i5 dual core 8 gig ram

MarksBasementRecords.com

Re: Audio pops and crackles after bounce

Post by MarksBasementRecords.com » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Lee- did you try bouncing the instrument track by itself and then eliminating the plugin, replacing with raw wav. This would lower the demand on your CPU during bouncing and still allow you to have the native sounds incorporated-

leighbeynon

Post by leighbeynon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 pm

sounds bad
LPB

Leejohnson222

Post by Leejohnson222 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:32 pm

usually when im happy with the sound i do bounce to audio to save ram etc,
but seems to be freezing ableton all the time, even patch browsing in native instruments, now
halion sonic wont even load a patch, just goes half way and hangs, cant get anything done
such a pain

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 am

Doesn't sound right at all. I use NI plugins all the time and render to frozen tracks or complete mixdowns without issue. I do get messages about the samplerate changing and requiring the plugins to be restarted but I have never had to do that.

My Live Samplerate for playback is set to 96000 and I normally render to the same so its possible the sample based instruments in NI are at 44100.

Are you saying you are Freezing a track and the result is bad in Ableton or you are exporting the whole project to WAV and it sounds bad? I have only ever had the odd occasion where I would have timed LFO within a plugin (omnisphere for instance) that sounded spot on in the mix but when the track was mixed down the LFO was off time to the mix so sounded crap and I believe it was attributed to rendering out at the time to 44100 (from memory) but a workaround was just to record the track in the mix to an audio track in Ableton then render with the recorded track instead of the plugin track. Worked fine.

What is your global samplerate set at? Is the pops and crackles actually IN the rendered audio or caused by ableton after the process? Do you have other software programs running such as skype or anything that could be causing some issues?

Leejohnson222

Post by Leejohnson222 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 am

I didn't change any sample rate until support told me to,
Abelton freezes all the time I can't get anything done, usually if I try to have 2 instances of kontakt
Everything just stops, I was exporting the entire track as a song this is where
all the pops were coming in I've lowered sample rate right down and this is ok now.
Abelton still freezes when I work even if I'm loading patches in live
Via kontakt or fm8 etc halion won't load patches
globally I'm at 44100 samplerate is 10m seconds 420 buffer

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Doesn't sound like an ableton issue. The fact that the audio glitches are present when you are rendering to a mix is weirs because that shouldn't happen at all. Have you made sure everything is up to date (All NI plugins are updated via Service Centre / Ableton is completely updated)?