ICON QCON PRO / EX controller LCD problem fixed (Live 8/9)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
sanghalung

ICON QCON PRO / EX controller LCD problem fixed (Live 8/9)

Post by sanghalung » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 am

To fix problems for your Live 9 (and Live 8 ) platform having iCon QCon controllers you may want to approach a different method. A while ago I wrote a programmable midi processor to fix talking between Goldie-oldie synths and custom made light-installations. It's called midiTRX. I made a quick TRX script to address several problems that arise when you use your iCon QCon PRO/EX controllers in Live 8 or 9. The demo version of TRX is available for free for those Live'ies dying to get their controllers to work. And why not, you paid big bucks for it right?

MidiTRX is a program that connects on one side to a set of virtual midi cables and on the other side to your iCON QCon PRO controller. The TRX script in this demo filters specific (and faulty) midi messages out of the midi stream and transforms them before relaying it to the DAW (Ableton Live) or controller.

In the case of Ableton Live 8 or 9 it will drive your LCD screen of any numbers of extenders making it possible to read Ableton Live track information on your extenders using the factory standard Mackie remote scripts. Besides the fixing of the LCD screens, the TRX script will fix numerous other glitches you may encounter during controller operation. This allows you to operate Ableton Live 8 or Live 9 with your iCon QCon PRO controller on a casual manner.

MidiTRX is not designed for Ableton Live nor the iCon QCon PRO and EX controllers. It was designed to use as a programmable midi processor in our studio to create on the fly solutions where devices needed to be driven by midi but did not behave as musical instruments or didn’t support the 1983 midi standard (Older synths built prior the standardization of the midi protocol, Custom light installations, Self-built controllers and the like).

I have a demo release candidate of TRX for you including a full working solution (no nag-screen-and-stops-sudden-crap-ware stuff) for Windows 7 / Ableton Live / iCON QCon Pro/Ex. It may work on other platforms too but I only did test it on Win 7 with good results.

Download the solution from my Google drive:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3725zq ... sp=sharing

tornuto

Re: ICON QCON PRO / EX controller LCD problem fixed (Live 8/9)

Post by tornuto » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:15 pm

I Have this Problem too.can anyone help me?

vimara

Post by vimara » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello,
Please my qcon ex don't show display too, and the link not exist yet, can you restart this?

SaveTheHuman5

Post by SaveTheHuman5 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:59 am

In case somebody need Qcon EX LCD to work on live 10:
https://hi.computer/free-tools/

FelixAristide

Post by FelixAristide » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi could you send me the Files per Mail your website isnt working in my Country

rzolver

Post by rzolver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:35 pm

If using Ableton 11 with a QCONEX you will need to goto :
https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive11_ ... Display.py

Copy all the code into Something like "Visual Studio" or another python editor, then change the code in line 47 from:

device_type = SYSEX_DEVICE_TYPE_XT

to

device_type = SYSEX_DEVICE_TYPE

Save it.

Then copy the file into wherever your Mackie Control Midi Remote scripts are kept, mine are here:

C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Standard\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\MackieControl

Of course please keep a copy of the original MainDisplay file just in case.

When loading Ableton it automatically compiles it so it should just work.. Im not a programmer but wanted to pass this on to the community.

Hope this helps.