NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
Jeffromusic

Re: NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Post by Jeffromusic » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:06 am

Can anybody make the CTRL mode have mute buttons... I have 0 programming experience. Would love to get that feature going

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi guys, thanks for this - looks awesome.

I;m just weighing up an Akai LPD8 vs a NanoKontrol2 as a compact small controller to use to control the bluehand functionality of Live (I've saved most instruments and FX to have their controls already macro assigned).

Reading through the post, it looks like CTRL mode does exactly this, so when I select a device the 8 knobs will automatically assign to the macros. Is this correct?

magnax

Post by magnax » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Is it just me or does the script not work in Live 9.1?

onefootskanka

Post by onefootskanka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Doesnt seem to work in 9.1 for me either
magnax wrote:Is it just me or does the script not work in Live 9.1?

Ojd

Post by Ojd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:48 pm

The script is a bomb! (and I thought that NK2 out of the box was cool :) )
Along with custom racks & macros its gets as real as my old Tascam 414 (IMO is workflow winner for sure over any piece of kit ever). By the way grid matrix + mixer was my dream device, kind of Tascam414+RolandSP404 in one box. So my workflow (and live performance) depends on one-knob eq (careful macroing of EQ8), grid matrix, and send knobs, where nanokontrol2 acts as a digital mixer (when building track), with track select and 8 knobs for low, hi, etc. It pretty much covers it all, except eq/send one knob dilemma (as you cannot shift generic midi mapping, sends, pan, 8 knob macro control, though this feature would be gold).

Will add on welcomed features with future use

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi guys, thank you for the nice feedback! Indeed the script doesn't work with the 9.1, i'm sorry for that.. have been a little busy so I couldn't do the update. I'll look into it starting next week: i'll update version 1 to 9.1 and maybe do some modifications and bug fix to a 2.0 version like:

7x3 matrix for session
the last column of buttons (3) as scene trigger
7 track faders + master fader
rework the Modes (mainly CTRL and ALT)
figuring out a way to add the Pan knob
add device banks support to all Live's instruments and effects

Any suggestions, ideas are welcome.

Thank you!
Last edited by dynamiiic on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magnax

Post by magnax » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:23 am

That's great news! Your script has been really helpful to me :D Oh, and in my book, the Panning function is low priority, so don't focus too hard on that one... ;)

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:58 pm

magnax wrote:That's great news! Your script has been really helpful to me :D Oh, and in my book, the Panning function is low priority, so don't focus too hard on that one... ;)
Glad you like it man, it's nice to see my works helps. I'll implement the panning as a "side option" on the alt mode or as option to activate in the script. I haven't thought much about it, and i'll add it only after the other improvements are done.

Cheers

Ojd

Post by Ojd » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Any idea how to use generic CC mapping (to audio FX rack on every track) alongside sends?
When changing modes, double pressing is annoying (from ALT to CTRLR, to ALT back you need two button presses). 8x3 or 7x3 is a matter of preference, i'd map marker set, m left, m right as scene launches, "mixer" mode would be to emulate mackie control script with working markers (basic recording and arrangement tasks). In CTRLR mode I choose channel with "R", which resets device selection to first one, its convenient to toggle between devices and midi/audio clips by pressing "R" and toggling off CTRLR. It would be nice to remember last selected device on that track (though its a minor bug).
With heavy CPU load, it lags, esp track selection.

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:16 am

Hey guys!

Update to support Live 9.1 is done, jump to the first post and download it! 8)

magnax

Post by magnax » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Hooray! Best X-mas present ever! Thanks a million :D

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 pm

dynamiiic wrote:
SBRK wrote: I'm also considering getting an Ableton Push. Is it possible to link the Push and the nanoKontrol to have the tracks on the nanokontrol match those on the Push ?
About linking with the Push with the NK2, its possible! But it will required a lot of work modding the Push script to suit the NK2 script. I'm doing something similar with 2 NKs (TOPIC) in this topic and with the NK2 and LPD8 for myself.
Now that I've got a Push, this idea is back in my head :) Since you're the remote script guru, would you explain to me briefly in a private message how it would be done, and what would need to be modified in either scripts ?

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:45 pm

SBRK wrote:
dynamiiic wrote:
SBRK wrote: I'm also considering getting an Ableton Push. Is it possible to link the Push and the nanoKontrol to have the tracks on the nanokontrol match those on the Push ?
About linking with the Push with the NK2, its possible! But it will required a lot of work modding the Push script to suit the NK2 script. I'm doing something similar with 2 NKs (TOPIC) in this topic and with the NK2 and LPD8 for myself.
Now that I've got a Push, this idea is back in my head :) Since you're the remote script guru, would you explain to me briefly in a private message how it would be done, and what would need to be modified in either scripts ?
Well, you can use combination mode as Hanz Petrov writes here, link the sessions together and as you move the Push or the NK on the session the other follows up. For this you'll need two scripts to work.
The other thing that you can do is merging the MIDI Ports together using a software called "MidiPipe" (its a freeware), you'll just need a midi script but as you input a software in this chain, you may experience some latency or there could be bugs or crashes when using MIDIPipe. Here an image for a more easy way to understand it:

I didn't dived in the Push script, because I don't have one so I dunno what to modify. But from what i've seen, Push is amazing so I would try to implement the combination mode on NK2 (because Push must have it already) to move with the Push session. The second option will require a lot of work and time but if you want to give an all new behavior to them together I think its worthed the shot too.

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:11 pm

dynamiiic wrote: Well, you can use combination mode as Hanz Petrov writes here, link the sessions together and as you move the Push or the NK on the session the other follows up. For this you'll need two scripts to work.
Yeah I've been looking at the APCs scripts and saw some code to handle this. I'll try to see if I can make it work, thanks :)

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Working on my version of your script. Basically, I only kept the Shift mode (mute/solo buttons and send knobs), and I use the 5 left buttons for selecting send. When the cycle button is toggled, the 8 knobs act as send a,b,c,etc for the selected track. I want to add track selection via the arm buttons in that mode and try to add Ableton Push combination too