NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
S4racen

Re: NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Post by S4racen » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:03 pm

It won't work on 9.7, python was upgraded around 9.5 i believe which rendered all previously created python scripts broken...

Cheers
D

NF

Post by NF » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 pm

S4racen wrote:It won't work on 9.7, python was upgraded around 9.5 i believe which rendered all previously created python scripts broken...

Cheers
D
Everything works fine here- Live 9.7 x86, W10 x64. Didn't test x64 because I use many x86 only plugs.
Maybe on Mac it's different?
The cool thing about techno still, comparing it to most jazz is the improvisation coupled with raw energy.

RableNova

Post by RableNova » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:26 am

Hi,
Trying to install this script, like above, I have no experience with installing scripts but have followed all steps and guides to the t and the script doesn't show up in control surface in preferences.
Just to confirm the folder in the midi folder should be called : NanoKontrol2ShiftAL9.1-NanoKontrol2Shift ?
Has anyone else who has installed this script had to do an additional step that might not be mentioned above?
Thanks

Space Diplomat

Post by Space Diplomat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to setup this script but it doesn't do any function it's supposed to do.

I changed what had to be changed in the Korg Control Editor and I also included the script in the Ableton folder it should be in.
I can even see Nanokontrol2Shift listed as a possible control config inside ableton but it doesn't seem to do anything at all. I'm using Ableton 9.6 (Is that a problem for the script?).

I don't know what I might be doing wrong.

Please, I'm at a blockade here, I need help setting this up... :(

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Have you downloaded the script from the link above in my last post?

Space Diplomat

Post by Space Diplomat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:57 pm

snappyass wrote:Have you downloaded the script from the link above in my last post?
I just did, and it's working now! Thanks! I even managed to make the LEDS light up setting the Korg Editor scene to External.

Again, Thanks, this script really pushes nanokontrol2 to a new level for me!

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:20 pm

glad to help :)

EarHax

Post by EarHax » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:53 pm

dynamiiic wrote: That's correct!
I do the toggle management inside the script. When you press a button that is toggle, the midi value can go 127 or 0 depending on what was his previous state, meaning I would have to monitor the value change to 0 or 127 for each button like I tried first... The mode change was very "buggy".
When it is momentary, if you're not pushing the button it is 0. If you are the value is 127, I'll only need to monitor for 127 and it's easier to manage.
Teh code is written to use momentary buttons and you swapped for toggle, so it is normal for teh script to go mad.

You have the leds on to let you know which mode you are in. Default mode lits up all the 3 buttons, Shift mode lights up the stop button, Alt mode lights up the play and Ctrl mode lights up the record button. If this is not working maybe your NK has any problem (or the script if you edited it).

Cheers
I just realized that I never saw all 3 buttons lit up, even when I first installed all of this. I am wondering: which section of the script is responsible for handling toggling the LEDs? Maybe I can troubleshoot it to figure out why it isn't working for me.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or found a solution for it? I definitely have the stop, play, and rec buttons set to momentary in the Korg Kontrol Editor.

Also, I notice that every time I power my setup on, I need to start the NK2 holding down the set+stop buttons to put it in Live control mode. But then that wipes out the CC mapping, so I need to run the Korg Kontrol Editor and reload the saved CC mapping scene set to the device again. Is there any workaround for this so that the device retains the CC mapping and Live control mode upon powering up so I don't need to keep reloading the scene set every time I power it up?

EarHax

Post by EarHax » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:32 am

Is dynamiiic (the OP) still maintaining this, or were there not enough donations towards the cause? :wink:

Willing to donate or trade something for help getting a 5th mode added to this script: a track selection/control mode that operates on the "blue boxed" tracks, and will allow me to bank track selection, do individual track select/deselect, and adjust volume, pan, mute, solo on all selected tracks, and also have a button to cycle the knobs through sends and pan with this script. It would basically be a modification of the default behavior of the Nanokontrol 2, but with some extra functionality thrown in.

Please ping me if you can help.

Thanks!

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 am

Are you using this script?

EarHax

Post by EarHax » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:40 am

snappyass wrote:
No, but if it does want I'm trying to do, I'll download it and look into it. Hopefully it will.

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:43 am

EarHax wrote:
snappyass wrote:
No, but if it does want I'm trying to do, I'll download it and look into it. Hopefully it will.
This is probably the most updated version of this script. try it out and let me know. I could maybe edit it if i get time :)

EarHax

Post by EarHax » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:28 am

snappyass wrote: This is probably the most updated version of this script. try it out and let me know. I could maybe edit it if i get time :)
Cool I'll let you know when I get a chance. Thanks again!

BTW, I know I can do most of what I want by switching to one mode or another with this script. But there are a few things that only work when using the NK2 with it's factory default setup in Ableton Live mode that would be great to have as a 5th mode in this script. Although, since the default setup uses a different controller scheme than this script (which requires everything to be mapped to MIDI CCs), I'm not sure if it's even possible.

Anyway, even if I could just get the LEDs for stop/play/rec to work properly so I could tell which mode I was in, that would be a big help. Otherwise, it's too easy to forget which mode I last toggled into.

clauddete

Post by clauddete » Mon May 07, 2018 2:01 am

hello, is there any way that the script always starts in shift mode?