NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
snappyass

Re: NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Post by snappyass » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:56 pm

should i maybe add to the matrix update so as to cater for the l.e.d.s ? as for the destroying of buttons elsewhere you may be right but i have put that section of text into shift mode. i also had to rename the script in order to get it to show in prefs. i see here some people are saying it doesnt show so maybe they could try this? also where should i insert the self.log_message("text")? sorry to be a pain.......

prossi78

Post by prossi78 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:35 pm

dynamiiic wrote:
prossi78 wrote:Being that the global midi channel is one, would this create any conflicts with Push and vice versa? Thank you!
I own a LaunchControl XL, a Korg NanoKontrol2, an Akai LPD8 and 2 IPad apps (Touchable and LivKontrol) and for safety, all use different midi channels.
I'm excited to download and try this out.I have many devices I use, beyond Push--and each has a dedicated channel. :)

prossi78

Post by prossi78 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Is there a place in the script to change to the channel if we want to do that ourselves? Thanks!

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:19 pm

so ive added a crossfader and have a master volume. im using touchosc so have added keystrokes so i can browse and load clips. i just need to sort the selecting of clipslots and this is perfect. respect for this

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:43 pm

prossi78 wrote:Is there a place in the script to change to the channel if we want to do that ourselves? Thanks!
in const bottem of the page where it says channel

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:10 pm

snappyass wrote:should i maybe add to the matrix update so as to cater for the l.e.d.s ? as for the destroying of buttons elsewhere you may be right but i have put that section of text into shift mode. i also had to rename the script in order to get it to show in prefs. i see here some people are saying it doesnt show so maybe they could try this? also where should i insert the self.log_message("text")? sorry to be a pain.......
Hey again snappyass. I dug a little and found out that the select button is somehow tied to the launch button. I thought I was pointing you right but I guess I'm not.

Check part of the ClipSlotComponent below:

Code: Select all

def set_select_button(self, button):
        self._select_button = button

@subject_slot('value')
    def _launch_button_value(self, value):
        if self.is_enabled():
            if self._select_button and self._select_button.is_pressed() and value:
                self._do_select_clip(self._clip_slot)
            elif self._clip_slot != None:
                if self._duplicate_button and self._duplicate_button.is_pressed():
                    if value:
                        self._do_duplicate_clip()
                elif self._delete_button and self._delete_button.is_pressed():
                    if value:
                        self._do_delete_clip()
                else:
                    self._do_launch_clip(value)

def _do_select_clip(self, clip_slot):
        if self._clip_slot != None:
            if self.song().view.highlighted_clip_slot != self._clip_slot:
                self.song().view.highlighted_clip_slot = self._clip_slot
This part is a little confusing and sadly I don't have the time to make some trials.
You can make a work around: write a function to get the pressed button position (Track,Scene), with "scene = self.session.scene(scene)" and "clip_slot = scene.clip_slot(track)" you get access to the clip slot, and finally with this "Live.Song.Song.View.highlighted_clip_slot = clip_slot" you will select and highlight that clip.

Try it out, then send me some feedback if it worked..

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:43 am

dynamiiic wrote:
snappyass wrote:should i maybe add to the matrix update so as to cater for the l.e.d.s ? as for the destroying of buttons elsewhere you may be right but i have put that section of text into shift mode. i also had to rename the script in order to get it to show in prefs. i see here some people are saying it doesnt show so maybe they could try this? also where should i insert the self.log_message("text")? sorry to be a pain.......
Hey again snappyass. I dug a little and found out that the select button is somehow tied to the launch button. I thought I was pointing you right but I guess I'm not.

Check part of the ClipSlotComponent below:

Code: Select all

def set_select_button(self, button):
        self._select_button = button

@subject_slot('value')
    def _launch_button_value(self, value):
        if self.is_enabled():
            if self._select_button and self._select_button.is_pressed() and value:
                self._do_select_clip(self._clip_slot)
            elif self._clip_slot != None:
                if self._duplicate_button and self._duplicate_button.is_pressed():
                    if value:
                        self._do_duplicate_clip()
                elif self._delete_button and self._delete_button.is_pressed():
                    if value:
                        self._do_delete_clip()
                else:
                    self._do_launch_clip(value)

def _do_select_clip(self, clip_slot):
        if self._clip_slot != None:
            if self.song().view.highlighted_clip_slot != self._clip_slot:
                self.song().view.highlighted_clip_slot = self._clip_slot
This part is a little confusing and sadly I don't have the time to make some trials.
You can make a work around: write a function to get the pressed button position (Track,Scene), with "scene = self.session.scene(scene)" and "clip_slot = scene.clip_slot(track)" you get access to the clip slot, and finally with this "Live.Song.Song.View.highlighted_clip_slot = clip_slot" you will select and highlight that clip.

Try it out, then send me some feedback if it worked..
thanks for the reply and thanks for your time. im having aa little trouble understanding this

1st problem ;

local variable 'scene' referenced before assignment.
shall i still keep the original , scene = self.session.scene(scene_index) ? would these not conflict? or am i compeletly on the wrong path?

yep. that leads to assertion error. lol i may just sit n cry. that may work :P :P

right i think i have written in the function ; if this is right

def _pressed_button_position (Track,Scene):
scene = self.session.scene(scene)
clip_slot = scene.clip_slot(track)
Live.Song.Song.View.highlighted_clip_slot = clip_slot

i have inserted
self._pressed_button_position

under the _init_

i am getting no errors yet nothing is happening... wrong way to do this??

if i add () after the self._pressed_button_position
i get
2729254 ms. RemoteScriptError: _pressed_button_position() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

prossi78

Post by prossi78 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:51 pm

dynamiiic wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:Hey,

does the NanoKontrol 2 respond to incoming CCs to switch the lights on and off ?

thanks
Yes, you can send midi messages to light up the leds. Only two or three won't light up because they don't have leds!
Possible to see an example of how to code this? :) Would love more "lights" haha. It's my darkest controller! (Finally set it up last night. Great script. Super handy...I was getting ready to ditch the NK).

prossi78

Post by prossi78 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:53 am

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: CHANGELOG V1.1 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Compatible with Live 9.1, 9.1.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3, 9.1.4, 9.2.2 and 9.5
Fixed bug on switching between modes
Modes Buttons now are MOMENTARY (you need to go change that in the Korg Kontrol Editor Program)
In default mode the three modes buttons are now turned ON
Hi--can you pleas clarify this? So, in a the editor, make sure the buttons are set to momentary? I liked that in "toggle" the Led stayed lit to let me know the mode....but that seemed to get the controller confused. Correct impression?

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Hello prossi78
prossi78 wrote:
dynamiiic wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:Hey,

does the NanoKontrol 2 respond to incoming CCs to switch the lights on and off ?

thanks
Yes, you can send midi messages to light up the leds. Only two or three won't light up because they don't have leds!
Possible to see an example of how to code this? :) Would love more "lights" haha. It's my darkest controller! (Finally set it up last night. Great script. Super handy...I was getting ready to ditch the NK).
You have it in the script.
It's easy: leds are attached to buttons, create a button and send the value - using function *.send_midi(value) or *.turn_on/off(true/false).
Search for the update matrix function for the session clips or the track selection buttons.
prossi78 wrote:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: CHANGELOG V1.1 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Compatible with Live 9.1, 9.1.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3, 9.1.4, 9.2.2 and 9.5
Fixed bug on switching between modes
Modes Buttons now are MOMENTARY (you need to go change that in the Korg Kontrol Editor Program)
In default mode the three modes buttons are now turned ON
Hi--can you pleas clarify this? So, in a the editor, make sure the buttons are set to momentary? I liked that in "toggle" the Led stayed lit to let me know the mode....but that seemed to get the controller confused. Correct impression?
That's correct!
I do the toggle management inside the script. When you press a button that is toggle, the midi value can go 127 or 0 depending on what was his previous state, meaning I would have to monitor the value change to 0 or 127 for each button like I tried first... The mode change was very "buggy".
When it is momentary, if you're not pushing the button it is 0. If you are the value is 127, I'll only need to monitor for 127 and it's easier to manage.
Teh code is written to use momentary buttons and you swapped for toggle, so it is normal for teh script to go mad.

You have the leds on to let you know which mode you are in. Default mode lits up all the 3 buttons, Shift mode lights up the stop button, Alt mode lights up the play and Ctrl mode lights up the record button. If this is not working maybe your NK has any problem (or the script if you edited it).

Cheers

prossi78

Post by prossi78 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:54 pm

dynamiiic wrote:
You have the leds on to let you know which mode you are in. Default mode lits up all the 3 buttons, Shift mode lights up the stop button, Alt mode lights up the play and Ctrl mode lights up the record button. If this is not working maybe your NK has any problem (or the script if you edited it).

Cheers
Interesting. Okay. Have not done any edits on the script. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

Udo Behm

Post by Udo Behm » Thu May 05, 2016 10:35 am

Hi can anybody tell me how to set the script so that it starts in shift mode all the time?? Thanks!

shanebi

Post by shanebi » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:56 am

Could you please update this for 9.6? I can't download 9.5 again for some reason. Thank you in advance! I've enjoyed this script so much, so far.

Eunjihan

Post by Eunjihan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi all,
I'm trying this in 9.7 and no joy. I downloaded the 9.1 folder and imported it into "midi resources" in Live 9 and renamed it as per instructions. I then changed all the numbers in the Kontrol Editor, although I don't know why the scene data file can't be included in the folder, but that's a fairly minor gripe. I set the midi channel to 1 and saved the scene data file in the Korg Kontrol folder, but nothing happens.
There's a bit of confusion about the momentary/on for the modes button. They are already set at momentary, but how do you set them to "on"?
Hope someone can help.
Eamonn

NF

Post by NF » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Eunjihan,

did you programm your nanKontrol2 with the nanKontrol Editor as described in the picture!?
The cool thing about techno still, comparing it to most jazz is the improvisation coupled with raw energy.