friendly eq eight plugin loaded with presets?

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
cutflow

friendly eq eight plugin loaded with presets?

Post by cutflow » Tue May 28, 2013 4:58 pm

does anyone know any eq plugin i can purchase that comes back with presets that i can apply to kick/bass and all the other sounds besides the lows. i want specfic sounding and pounding kick/bass so a large selection of presets may help me get there idk.

what do you think

antarktika

Re: friendly eq eight plugin loaded with presets?

Post by antarktika » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:56 pm

EQ is one of the last tools you should be using with presets, because there is no preset that will be able to know what to fix on a sound it knows nothing about. If you're trying to surgically tailor your parts for emphasis, you're going to need to figure out how to do this yourself. A larger selection of presets is just going to make you spend more time looking through them for one that kinda fits the sound instead of learning how to use EQ properly.

Rinsemeister

Post by Rinsemeister » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:41 pm

What he said......

cutflow

Post by cutflow » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:23 pm

antarktika wrote:EQ is one of the last tools you should be using with presets, because there is no preset that will be able to know what to fix on a sound it knows nothing about. If you're trying to surgically tailor your parts for emphasis, you're going to need to figure out how to do this yourself. A larger selection of presets is just going to make you spend more time looking through them for one that kinda fits the sound instead of learning how to use EQ properly.
i understand your perspective, therefore i decided to consider tweaking the eq manually instead of relying on presets. thanks to your perspective i've learned something new and valuable. i prefer to learn how to use eq properly than to sit and go through presets. thanks for opening my eyes.