Reset Sends to zero with a button?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
caly88

Reset Sends to zero with a button?

Post by caly88 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi,
I have been searching for a way to reset all sends on one track with the push of a button. I haven't found anything yet, maybe you have a solution?
The idea is that when I turn up all the sends in a break I want a Reset-to-zero buttom when the kick comes in.

Max4Live or any other solutions are welcome!

Thanks

eddiex

Re: Reset Sends to zero with a button?

Post by eddiex » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:22 pm

try this (no M4L REQUIRED)
MIDI or KEY map all your send macros to one button on your controller or computer keyboard
then to the left where it shows your values set both values for every macro at 0.
every time you push the button on your controller/keyboard it will bring the macros back to zero.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

caly88

Post by caly88 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm

eddiex wrote:try this (no M4L REQUIRED)
MIDI or KEY map all your send macros to one button on your controller or computer keyboard
then to the left where it shows your values set both values for every macro at 0.
every time you push the button on your controller/keyboard it will bring the macros back to zero.
Will I be able to map a knob to the same send? I didn't make it clear before, but I want to turn the sends via a knob then reset pressing a key/midi button.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:00 pm

yes you can.....when you are in your map screen, just click on each send macro and push the button on your keyboard/controller....remember to change all of your values in your key/midi mappings screen (by clicking the arrow that brings out the browser in normal mode) also, i mis-spoke before, on sends you set all of the values at "-inf db"

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:24 pm

oh you want to be able to control the send macros with a knob or knobs, then push a button to reset everything?
still no problem(sort of)... you can "midi"-map all of the macros to the knob or knobs on your controller that you want to control all of your sends.
then "key" map all of the macros (as i said) to one button on your computer keyboard to push it and reset everything to zero or -inf db. i don't think you can midi map something that you have already midi mapped. but you can key map something you have midi mapped. if that makes sense?
Last edited by eddiex on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm

another thing i forgot....just playing around with it, if you are going to use your computer keyboard for anything, that little keyboard up there in the right by the key/midi map buttons has to be clicked off.

caly88

Post by caly88 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Ah, never thought of mapping both midi and key to the same knob. Sounds like it would work!

Thanks for the tip. :D

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:57 pm

The iOS app Kapture Pad will do what you want too.

caly88

Post by caly88 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:41 pm

I will check out Kapture Pad!

I have tried to Midi-map the send to a knob then key-map the same send.. It won't work properly. If I set the key-mapping to "-inf dB" it changes the the midi-mapping to the same thing. Hmm..

To sum things up:
-I want to control the sends with knobs on a midi device.
-When I push a button (doesn't matter if its midi/key) I want all the sends to go back to "0" no matter on which value the knobs are.

Any other solution for it?

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:34 pm

dang you're right, it does do that!! crazy. i just messed around with it though (with a mac and an MPD 18) and if you go back into midi map and change the "max" value to 0db (after you key map) it works. i was controlling the send macro with the fader on my MPD 18 and when i clicked on the button i key mapped on my laptop, to the same send, it bought it back to -inf db.

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:08 pm

What I have done in the past is map the knob how you wish and then set up a button that sends the same CC # with a value of 0.
If you are trying to reset ALL of the sends this may not be possible as they are probably all mapped to different CC #'s.

If you don't end up going with Kapture you may also want to look into the Clyphx snapshot features.

caly88

Post by caly88 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:43 pm

TYLRbass wrote:What I have done in the past is map the knob how you wish and then set up a button that sends the same CC # with a value of 0.
Ah! That's smart! Will try it. Sounds like a possible solution. Thanks!

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm

caly88 wrote:
TYLRbass wrote:What I have done in the past is map the knob how you wish and then set up a button that sends the same CC # with a value of 0.
Ah! That's smart! Will try it. Sounds like a possible solution. Thanks!
No problem, I feel the need to put my random knowledge to good use which is pretty much the only reason I come on this forum, lol. If you want one button to reset multiple sends you're probably going to need a controller that can send more than one message at the same time.. otherwise you may need one button per send, I'm not sure but it's worth looking into.