need help for midi keyboard configuration !!!

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
chunk

need help for midi keyboard configuration !!!

Post by chunk » Thu May 12, 2005 11:50 am

hi,

i bought a novation remote 25 midi controller. the regular functions are clear to
me ( notes on/off, pitch and modulation) and also assigments for plugins but which configuration makes sense for working with live?

do you use different templates for different views or steps of your productions and which configuration can you recommend?

tnx for your help

cheers

c

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri May 13, 2005 4:08 am

Hi Chunk, I don't know about how other people would use a ReMote 25, cos everyone's workflow is different. For studio ues, I just have one Template on my R-25

MIDI CCs on all knobs/pots/sliders

MIDI Notes (momentary) on all assignable buttons and the R25 transport controls.

That does it for me, as far as using the R25 just with Live is concerned. I assign controllers inside Live as I go.
Hopefully some other peeps can chime in.....
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

chunk

Post by chunk » Fri May 13, 2005 8:52 am

hi pitch black,

your assigments make sense to me, i will try it. tnx for your help.

cheers

chunk

beateater

my 2 cents

Post by beateater » Fri May 27, 2005 1:56 pm

I think there's a couple of Ableton templates in the factory set ups that come pre-installed. If not I'm sure they're at the Novation site for download.
They're a good place to start, but after a while you'll probably adapt them to your way of working or create your own from scratch.

One think I LOVE about Ableton is the ease at which you can assign midi controllers. Really, I spent a lot more time assigning existing R25 controls from within Ableton than I did re-assigning stuff on the Remote itself, although I do recommend dipping your toe in their as well, just so you know what's going on, what's possible and what's not.

Good luck!

chunk

Post by chunk » Sun May 29, 2005 9:33 pm

tnx a lot.