Ableton Live loopers in "Serial"

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
goodframes

Ableton Live loopers in "Serial"

Post by goodframes » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:29 am

Hi All,

I'm currently debating an all-hardware setup or a combination of some choice guitar pedals and Ableton as a master hub. I'm going for as little interaction with the computer as possible. My main hang up is not knowing if I can set up Ableton loopers to mirror a specific function of the Boomerang III/Boss RC-300. These pedals have two modes: Parallel and Serial. Setting up Ableton to function the way Parallel mode works is easy, but I'm not sure about Serial mode.

In Serial mode one looper's output is cut when another is triggered. The main use case for this is creating different parts of songs that don't interact with parts on other looper tracks.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how to do it?. I can't image it not being possible, but my skill set isn't far enough on to make this happen. I'm guessing it has something to do with putting several loopers in a chain, then being able to switch between them. But that might involve a lot more tap dancing than it would on one of the hardware units.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!!

akamed

Re: Ableton Live loopers in "Serial"

Post by akamed » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi,
maybe you are searching for something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBEXIIa ... p&index=18