How to put a image in my own packs ?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
leida

How to put a image in my own packs ?

Post by leida » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Is this possible ?
When i create a pack, i can't see an option where to put an image...
All pro packs have an image when you install them in the file folder.
Is it only for professional ?
Thanks

markwphoto

Re: How to put a image in my own packs ?

Post by markwphoto » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

I did some digging at some of the factory packs and downloads and it seems that all of them have a "Lessons" folder. In there is a categories folder and a sub-folder with a category description text file. There is another sub-folder with the lesson. For example Guitar and Bass Lessons. In that folder you find there you will find a lessonsEN.txt file and an image file named after the pack. Here it seems to hold the description of the pack + a 260x260 pixel PNG image file. I believe this is the image file that you see on many of the commercial packs.

Now I've never added an image or created a pack on my own but by taking a look at the existing packs in Live it would seem to me that you would need to create a Lessons folder as part of your project and add in the description and image information you want displayed. In theory after you package your project file, as long as you have the lesson folder with the proper images and text files you should get an image and description when the pack is installed.

I did find this post from several years ago that talks about how to create lessons viewtopic.php?t=40688. Now keep in mind this was posted back in 2006 and some of the procedures may have changed since then. However, from just scanning over the post it seems to make sense.

To see what your existing factory packs look like browse to the location of where they are store and double click on them in Explorer or Finder. To find the location of your packs open Live's preferences and note the storage location for your factory packs.

Hope this helps and good luck!

leida

Post by leida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Hye
Thanks for the tips, i think you're right !!!
i will try to add a image in a alp file.
Many thanks again.
Have a good day
Eric

chrk

Post by chrk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 am

markwphoto wrote:...
Now keep in mind this was posted back in 2006 and some of the procedures may have changed since then. However, from just scanning over the post it seems to make sense.
Read on! - On page 3 there's an update referring to Live 8 and a couple of additional elements to try. It worked for me then, haven't tried on Live 9, though.

leida

Post by leida » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:00 am

Hye
Old subject...
I've created my pack but when i install it on another computer, it asks me where to install.
ok !
But...
When Live start, it doesn't show me the lesson page on the right.
I've put a folder "lessons" with some files inside, a dedicated png file and my infos in the txt file.
It seems, it does not open automatically.
what am i doing wrong ?
Thanks for your help

producerspot

Post by producerspot » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:19 pm

thanks for the tips, recently I dealt with this thing
ProducerSpot.com - News, Reviews, Tutorials, VST Plugins, Free Downloads

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:16 pm

leida wrote:Hye
Old subject...
I've created my pack but when i install it on another computer, it asks me where to install.
ok !
But...
When Live start, it doesn't show me the lesson page on the right.
I've put a folder "lessons" with some files inside, a dedicated png file and my infos in the txt file.
It seems, it does not open automatically.
what am i doing wrong ?
Thanks for your help
Hi Leida,

You would need to have a Live Pack Builder license from Ableton themselves, this is a moot point however as i have one and the functionality is broken in Live 9....

Cheers
D