need tips on how to make a crossfading audio clip

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
DPitre

need tips on how to make a crossfading audio clip

Post by DPitre » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Hello if you're reading this....

I'm looking for help/tricks/tips on how to make a crossfading, looped audio clip. I may not use the proper Live terminology, so I'll explain it out to make sure I'm being clear (I hope).

The audio clip is not set to a tempo/pulse/beat/bpm. It could be rather long, from 1-5 minutes. These loops are quite textural and vary in timbre throughout, and I'd like it to loop seamlessly. So I'm looking for a way (inside LIVE) to have the end of the loop (at a length I can set myself) start to crossfade with the beginning of the loop, and continue to do this over and over, for as long as I need it to.

So for instance, if I set it for say a 10 sec crossfade, that means 10 seconds before the end of the audio clip, it would start to fade out, and at the exact same time the end starts to fade out, the beginning of the audio clip start to fade in, also for 10 seconds....therefor making a 10 second crossfade and no pops/clicks when the audio clip starts over.

Is this possible? I've searched for several days and can seem to find a tutorial on the web for this.

Thanks for any help!

D

rluk

Re: need tips on how to make a crossfading audio clip

Post by rluk » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:59 am

hit ctr-alt-f, it should show fades.
overlap desired clips on same track, adjust fades to taste.