EZdrummer drum rack

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Mark Williams

EZdrummer drum rack

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi,
I have EZdrummer2, love it, but I cannot seem to get it on a drum rack, so I can use it with Push, anyone done this, or can show me how to get this great drum vst onto drum rack.
I would really appreciate it.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Jekblad

Re: EZdrummer drum rack

Post by Jekblad » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:03 pm

I haven't tested this... that being said first thing that comes to mind

Create a midi track. Put EZ on it. Set input to "in"
Create a new midi track. Put a drum rack on it.
Send the new tracks midi to EZ drummer.

This way you can use push's sequencing abilities.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 am

It is possible and i'm at work ATM but it's actually possible to "wrap" any Drum plugin as a drum rack so the 4x4 pad grid is mapped to the plugin. Scrolling through the Pad range will also allow you to move through your kit.

There is an Ableton guide to setting up Battery as a drum rack device but this can be applied to ANY instrument that needs to be wrapped as a drum rack. I wrote a guide on how to setup Battery with multi-outs for use with Push and that has a link to the Ableton article. I also own EXD2 (which is awesome) and have done the same thing with multi-outs in the same way.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=197796

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks for this, I have EZdrummer all racked up now...I have noticed you cannot remap some of EZd2 midi notes, which is a shame. however I do have access to Superior Drummer2 and you can remap within that very easily, so I may have to purchase that instead.....
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

adejdickson

Post by adejdickson » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:41 pm

You can find these already built and color coded to pad level, including multi channel templates at TimbresAndTones.com. Loads of drum rack libraries for the different ezDrummer EZX expansions

https://timbresandtones.com/ableton-drum-racks/

Hope this helps