how rec clips every 1 steps automatically

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
JBSOUNDJB

how rec clips every 1 steps automatically

Post by JBSOUNDJB » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:52 am

Hello all,
how rec clips every 1 steps automatically, just by launching the first? Blank track at the start of course.
I just want to launch the first in rec, and the others only record without having to press each time any one action.
Launch the first,duration 1step :arrow:
auto next,duration 1step :arrow:

:oops: hoping that you understood my question because I do not speak much English at all :oops: .
Thank you cordially to JB
Google+ JBSOUNDJB (JB)

antarktika

Re: how rec clips every 1 steps automatically

Post by antarktika » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi, you need to make one clip of the length you want, and open up the clip launch section (google: "ableton clip launch mode" if you're confused by this)

then, set the follow action to "Next" and the duration for however long your clip is. (google: "follow actions" if you're confused by this)

Then, copy that clip a bunch of times to the clip slots below (don't leave any gaps between clips), for the very last one, change the follow action to "Stop"

Then, enable Session Record (in the transport bar at the top of the screen, next to the word "new".

When you launch the first clip, it will cycle through the clips until it reaches the last one, and then stop.

JBSOUNDJB

Re: how rec clips every 1 steps automatically

Post by JBSOUNDJB » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:42 pm

hi, thx for youre help, :wink:

This way I know to do. I mean instead a method to do this live, with just arm a blank track,

click on the first blank clipc, and the rest should follow alone. 1 or 2 seconds max.

I is not the time to do your preparation online, when comes the urge to do this manipulation.

I have already seen it long ago, but not me recall or find where. Can a script.

Thank you anyway you be focused on me.
Regards JB
Google+ JBSOUNDJB (JB)