Ableton Live & Stylus Rmx Problem...

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
DJ-AGE

Ableton Live & Stylus Rmx Problem...

Post by DJ-AGE » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:55 am

Hey guys im new here and also new to Ableton Live 4. I have been using Reason 2.5 and have a mpc1000 and im still very new to this producing thing...i have a question though. When i open Live and then open Stylus Rmx plug in i dont have a clue how to record it on live. When its playin in Stylus the Live meter's are movin showing that it recognizerz the sound but as soon as i press record on Live the meter doesnt move showin no sound...can sumone please tell me how do i use a Stylus Rmx sample and record it into the Live sequencer....am i doin sumthin wrong can sumone please help me out cause i can use Reason & Ableton and record but with plug ins im having problems...much appreciated...thnxz :cry:

DJ-AGE

Post by DJ-AGE » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:01 am

Oh yeah if anyone canm help out bout MPC's please get at me...thnxz

Airbase

Post by Airbase » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:32 pm

I havent had to opportunity to try Stylus RMX on Live just yet, but have you tried just dragging the recorded stuff into the sequencer? Like you do it in Logic and Cubase.

braincell

Post by braincell » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:58 pm

hi
try to drag&drop the midi-files from stylus into a folder (for example: to your desktop) ....than take them to the clip view.....and record it from there.....
cheers

jace

Post by jace » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:12 am

check the user forum http://www.spectrasonics.net/rmxcommunity
it spells it out for you. Dj
wardofsound.com

DJ-AGE

Post by DJ-AGE » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:18 am

I have tried the drag and drop for eg: when u get a midi sequence from the standard Live folder u then click on Simpler etc and you can tamper with sounds etc but with Stylus i have tried to drag and drop, the midi collumn has no stylus labelled on there to say its in that section and i cannot get the loop from stylus to play at all...thankz guys appreciate it

supster

Post by supster » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:34 am

i dont have stylus yet, but Live 4 doesnt support midi drag and drop from VST instruments (if thats what you're trying to do)

apparently Live 5 will.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:23 pm

the drag and drop doesnt work. however, there is a work around. create a shortcut on your desktop to the stylus folder on your hard drive. drag and drop the midi files into the shortcut and they will appear in the live browser in the stylus folder. just drag them in from there.