Quick Play Live Sets From Explorer

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Bongo Dave

Quick Play Live Sets From Explorer

Post by Bongo Dave » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Is there a quick way to audition Live sets from Windows Explorer? Without loading the whole set into Live? I have started a lot of sets over the years that never got to the point of exporting, and now I don't remember a lot of them. It takes a lot of time to start up Live and load each one just to see what it is. If not, maybe include sort of Live Player for Explorer in future versions. (Or, I guess, remember to export everything.) Thanks.

Angstrom

Re: Quick Play Live Sets From Explorer

Post by Angstrom » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Short answer: NO

Long answer: No, but what you should do is be like me.

Longer answer : No, but what you should do is what I do: when you finish a half-created songlet, render it out into a folder dedicated to unfinished works so that each unfinished song has small preview wave of 16 bars or so in this folder of previews you made. Remember to the render the wave with the name of your song, then in the future you can flip through the little renders of unfinished projects and find something which suits the style you want to work on. Or you may find a chunk which can be incorporated into a song you are working on now. In fact, if you have a slow and uninspired day it can be fun to go through your old projects rendering out these previews / or deleting the abominations. It's a good way to re-inspire yourself, or simply realise you are producing a 95% derivative junk and proceed to slide into alcoholism and death. Either way, a great project for a slow Sunday.

Bongo Dave

Post by Bongo Dave » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Ha! Thanks, I'll do that. Except for the alcohol and death part.

Stace30

Post by Stace30 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Again, great advice Angstrom. I'm going to do that myself. Thanks mate.
Live 10 Suite, M4L, MPC TOUCH - MPC software v2.7, Reason 4, Komplete 11, i7 Laptop, 12g Ram, Win 10, Adam A7's & Genelec 8010's - Joined Forum in 2006.