-_RelaxFileManagerSearch doesn't work properly?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Underground Surface

-_RelaxFileManagerSearch doesn't work properly?

Post by Underground Surface » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:28 pm

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/not ... andidates/

I've seen in this article, that this option allows to bypass the checksum comparison. But in my case it's not working properly. I have a lot of projects that contain the files that are missing. By using the automatic search, Ableton's file manager shows that there are multiple candidates found, although there is only one candidate. So, the automatic file search doesn't work properly in this case. Manual file replacing doesn't work also. I tried to hotswap the missing samples using drag and drop onto missing sample, but the mouse pointer shows a forbidden symbol. Manual searching of missing files are too complicated, because there are a lot of missing files. Is there any way to replace a lot of missing samples using Live's file manager, when checksums don't match?

keeko

Re: -_RelaxFileManagerSearch doesn't work properly?

Post by keeko » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm getting this behaviour too under live 9.7.1.

Having moved files around recently I currently have 2,100 "missing" referenced files. I had in excess of 32,000 missing files last night so I'm making progress but progress has been slowed to a crawl because of this issue.

I can choose the required file in each case from the Hot Swap mode, but updates are taking about 2-4 mins per missing sample (with a spinning blue ring appearing after I drag the sample).

I see this issue isn't new

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142715&p=1132443&hi ... d#p1132443

Can anyone give me any tips here as this could take a looooong time to resolve. :cry:
Windows 10, Live 9.7.1 (64 bit)

JBlongz

Re: -_RelaxFileManagerSearch doesn't work properly?

Post by JBlongz » Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 am

Currently, there is no solution. You will have to manually drag each candidate, or just abandon sessions that are not priority until Ableton issues a fix.
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube