Midi Mapping Quantization Menu Settings??

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
luiszimbron2

Midi Mapping Quantization Menu Settings??

Post by luiszimbron2 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Is it possible to midi map specific settings in the quantization menu. For instance, I want to map a midi button to place the setting at "None" and another for "1 Bar." Is there a way to do this? I know there are keyboard shortcuts to this but it's hard to do this in a live situation for me. Thanks in advance!

Tarekith

Re: Midi Mapping Quantization Menu Settings??

Post by Tarekith » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Currently it looks like you can only assign a note to that parameter, which lets you toggle through the different launch quantization values. Maybe there's a m4L device someone else knows of for this?

ChironControl

Post by ChironControl » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:42 pm

The Launchpad Pro accesses parts of the quantization menu which are not midi mappable, if I have that in mind correctly. It's possible that via the Python-scripts for the controllers more functionality is available than via midi mapping. Therefore I would expect that it should possible via m4l, too.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:01 pm

It is accessible through MaxforLive, i expect and in TomViolenz's absence it's also available in CliphX

Cheers
D

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:03 pm

This M4L device is for Push, but you can open it and see how it works. It's a pretty easy task to implement in M4L.
Ableton Forum Moderator