Ableton won't recognise my FCB101

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
TKRawlins

Ableton won't recognise my FCB101

Post by TKRawlins » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:12 am

Hey guys bit of a complex problem that I need rectifying. I am running a Behringer FCB1010 footpedal, with an Uno chip. I have done my research and programmed the pedal correctly (CC notes 22-31, velocity 127-00 ect) and I have plugged it into Ableton using a Midi to USB jack. I have made sure the in cable is plugged into the out and the out cable is plugged into the in on the foot pedal and now I am trying to map the pedal onto Ableton. However when I go into mapping and press the related foot pedal Ableton won't recognise anything, it's almost as if the 2 devices are not connected! I am running Ableton Live Standard on Macbook with OS Sierra 10.12.6. Was wondering if maybe it's the driver or if there are any other fixes, potential problems or mistakes I have made. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

jestermgee

Re: Ableton won't recognise my FCB101

Post by jestermgee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 pm

OK, not having anything you have there except Live...

Have you tested to see if your pedal device is even working? Has it been selected as a MIDI input in preferences for control? When you press buttons and do things on that foot pedal do you see any MIDI activity on the top right indicators?

stoter

Re: Ableton won't recognise my FCB101

Post by stoter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Old post.. So for what it's worth.. (or did you fix the problem already?)
I have made sure the in cable is plugged into the out and the out cable is plugged into the in on the foot pedal
If you want Live to recognise signals coming from your pedal, you should connect the cable to the "out" of the pedal and the "in" of your MIDI-interface.. in your description you've connected it the other way around..