IFTTT Integration

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
EmotiveMusic

IFTTT Integration

Post by EmotiveMusic » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 am

Does anyone know how I could set up an IFTTT trigger in Live?

I'm currently using a button widget on my phone to flash and then turn Philips Hue bulbs RED throughout the upstairs to notify my family when I'm recording.

I did "soundproof" the ceiling with two layers of safe and sound, sound isolation clips, 5/8, etc, but I did install hardwood bamboo directly above...and my 4 year old likes to run & jump :)

Anyways, to keep me in the flow, does anyone know if there's a simple way to integrate IFTTT tightly with Live? If so, then perhaps I can automate the lights to respond whenever I turn the mics on/off.

braduro

Re: IFTTT Integration

Post by braduro » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm not going to be very helpful, but I love the ingenuity in this already.
Would OSC via the Max connection kit pack illuminate any applets that could work?

arretx

Post by arretx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:57 am

How about this.

I haven't done it yet, but it's on my bucket list.

Familiarize yourself with Home-Assistant.io first. That, I've done.

To take it to the next level, I'm going to try to figure out how to interface between MIDI and an Arduino. If I can do that, then I can bridge the gap between MIDI and Home-Assistant.io (which works with Hue lighting) to control anything with MIDI...
MacBook Air | Ableton Live 9.7.5 2017-10-02 | Advance 61 Keybaord w/VIP 3.0 | Launchpad Mini | Scarlett Focusrite 18i8 | iPad Pro / OnSong | Allen & Heath QU-32

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Why not implementing Link into your child, so (s)he would run in time with your music?
Ableton Forum Moderator