MIDI Remote scripts for the FCB1010 Uno and factory

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Stonehouserecords

MIDI Remote scripts for the FCB1010 Uno and factory

Post by Stonehouserecords » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:48 pm

OK I've got a script for the FCB that's been floating around for a while and I can't seem to find it online anymore and I've modified it for the UnO chip as well, the MIDI remote script is the same and I've made a version of it for Uno firmware where the expression pedals and pedals 1 through 5 are setup to be static cc toggles and can be bound to anything via MIDI learn. The factory script is the default script that came with Manuels MIDI remote script that people keep asking about...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsEa8wMzR84hoGYTVZhP8XvkdEWX

If you have trouble with it not showing in the list of controllers , run Ableton in Administrator mode and that will fix it.

I know there are alot of threads with terrible questions and even worse answers on this topic of the FCB1010, that being said, if you have a valid question or would like me to customize a script for the UnO a little more then hit me up, I'll answer any question that isn't clearly described in the literature and I'll do a little FAQ of the things I found weren't very clear in the various manuals. I'm not going to answer questions that have been clearly answered in other threads. If anyone who knows Python wants to help me complete this setup, please hit me up. :D :D
Last edited by Stonehouserecords on Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stonehouserecords

Re: MIDI Remote scripts for the FCB1010 Uno and factory

Post by Stonehouserecords » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:01 pm

F.A.Q.

1> Q: I've put the script into the folder and it isn't showing... WTF?...
A. Run ableton in Administrator mode, this will sort a few other minor problems as well

2> Q: I can't upload the sysex to the FCB from inside Ableton...
A. You need to power off the FCB, hold the Down trigger on the board (It's below the Up trigger)then Power On while holding the Down pedal down for about 5 seconds. This will boot the pedal into global config mode. Press the Up pedal twice, the green light will move from Direct select to Config.
Click pedal 7 and make sure 6 isn't lit, 8 and 9 are irrelevant. Then you should be able to do a sysex dump of the script from ableton to the pedal.

3> Q. I didn't read the literature and want someone to hold my hand through the process and come around to my house and fix it for me...
A. This is not your thread

MarkMusic

Post by MarkMusic » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:35 pm

Thanks to everyone for the help and info.

If anyone arrives here post 31-12-2020 and is looking for a working version that makes the FCB1010 Ableton 10.1.30 compatible with a few clicks, check out

https://github.com/format19/FCB1010

MaxBrams

Post by MaxBrams » Wed May 05, 2021 9:24 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing the knowledge and the content!

At first i didn't manage to see A FCB1010 in my Scripts list... Here is a solution :
For anyone trying to use this with Ableton 11, note that Ableton 11 uses Python 3 and not Python 2 anymore.

To cope with that, i found a way to convert the py files (in the A_FCB1010 folder) from 2 to 3 following this simple tutorial :
https://ankursh.medium.com/convert-pyth ... ec138899a3

It's now working fine !

Cheers

LyraMuse

Post by LyraMuse » Sun May 09, 2021 7:13 pm

MaxBrams wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:24 pm

To cope with that, i found a way to convert the py files (in the A_FCB1010 folder) from 2 to 3 following this simple tutorial :
https://ankursh.medium.com/convert-pyth ... ec138899a3
Hi thanks for this -- but I don't understand the tutorial at all... what is the directory in Terminal? can I not use Command prompt?

EDIT
Nevermind! I think I got it

Stonehouserecords

Post by Stonehouserecords » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:34 am

I'm trying to fix this script so it will work in Live 11, anyone who'd be able to help please let me know