Midi note tha triggers "go to last locator" command. Help :)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Rodrigo_echo

Midi note tha triggers "go to last locator" command. Help :)

Post by Rodrigo_echo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:41 am

Hi,

I've tried several times to do this but I can't make it work. There's a guy on youtube that has on the arrangement veiw a midi track with a command to go back to the last locator so it creates a loop.

The guy answered me this "I have a midi track called “loop.” On that track I place a midi clip with a note that triggers the “go to last locator” command. You route the midi track to the IAC driver and back into Ableton"

I've downloaded the Tobias Erichsen Virtual Midi and set the Midi to be visible for Ableton. I've also read the manual regarding midi but still can't make it work.

This is the video I'm talking about (minute 7:47):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U-Re0JJzHI&t=467s

Win 10

Thanks!!

arretx

Re: Midi note tha triggers "go to last locator" command. Help :)

Post by arretx » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 am

Create a MIDI Track. Send the MIDI out through a virtual midi port (IAC Driver on a Mac). Put a clip in the arrangement and draw a note in the clip. Play the arrangement, click the MIDI assign button, and then click the locator. Wait until the playhead hits the note in the MIDI track and it will be assigned to that locator.
MacBook Air | Ableton Live 9.7.5 2017-10-02 | Advance 61 Keybaord w/VIP 3.0 | Launchpad Mini | Scarlett Focusrite 18i8 | iPad Pro / OnSong | Allen & Heath QU-32

Rodrigo_echo

Re: Midi note tha triggers "go to last locator" command. Help :)

Post by Rodrigo_echo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

arretx wrote:Create a MIDI Track. Send the MIDI out through a virtual midi port (IAC Driver on a Mac). Put a clip in the arrangement and draw a note in the clip. Play the arrangement, click the MIDI assign button, and then click the locator. Wait until the playhead hits the note in the MIDI track and it will be assigned to that locator.
Thanks!!!