Clear looper issue

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
washburnbill

Clear looper issue

Post by washburnbill » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:59 pm

I am using Ableton 10 and FCB1010 for live looping rig. I need to clear looper and I am out of pedals on my looping bank to map the clear button. I know I can just hold down multi button (play/rec/dub) and it will clear but usually I’m clearing in between songs and if the looper is stopped... it plays 2 or 3 seconds until it clears. How can I change it without mapping the clear button to another pedal? Just annoying and disruptive to my live show

n9

Re: Clear looper issue

Post by n9 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:27 pm

It is not great. The Ableton looper is not really as integrated with Live as it should be in many ways.

From the loop being stopped, press the multi use button twice quickly and hold the second time. Your loop will play for just an instant then and the hold will clear the sample. Writing from memory but that should be right. I don't think there is a better way. Since you don't usually need to be perfectly in time with a clear-loop operation you might use a computer keyboard shortcut to do it.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:42 pm

In case you're looking for a new convenient hardware solution to control and monitor Live's Looper, I just launched a Kickstarter campaign for a new controller.
You can check it here.
Have fun !

nickrobinson

Post by nickrobinson » Fri May 10, 2019 10:36 am

I understand the "lack of pedals" issue and the last thing you want to do is switch to another bank just for one function. I use a Novation launchcontrol so I can assign functions like this to a button. I've set up a scene with dummy clips to stop/clear all loopers at the end of a song with a single button. I use the LC XL for my solo sets and the smaller LC for acoustic looping. More info on my site.

http://looping.me.uk/