confusion with Lite and suggestions

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
J-Fly

confusion with Lite and suggestions

Post by J-Fly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:34 pm

I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this but I don't have access to Ableton support since I don't have a full version of Ableton Live. I started off with the Trial version of Live. This came with some packs to test I suppose. I now have Ableton Live 10 Lite that came with the Launchpad Pro. I'm assuming that these packs are not included with the Lite version but they still show up which is confusing because I don't have access to them. Is there a way to remove the packs and other features or should I try to delete and reinstall Ableton?

H20nly

Re: confusion with Lite and suggestions

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:42 pm

you used to be able to uninstall packs from Live Preferences.

i'm not on a computer with Live installed ATM to confirm and i've had Suite for about a decade so i've only added packs (not subtracted), but check there

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:49 pm

oh wait... Live keeps a full copy of itself so you can always use previous versions, but the library is (usually) the same. Live 8 did this big library change, but i'm not sure if 10 did because i'm still using 9 (which did not).

you essentially downgraded, so it might be easier to uninstall it all and come anew. maybe temporarily rename the folder with your projects in it... just in case. it's not as if Live Lite is overflowing with content and takes hours to install. i'd go this route if you cannot get it sorted in Preferences.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:40 pm

If you want to remove packs you cannot use (and yes Lite is basically Live standard without the ability to do or use pretty much anything) then strap on your technicians hat because this gets a bit complicated:

- Click the Packs section in the browser
- Locate pack you wish to destroy
- Right click said pack
- Select the option called "Delete" and then confirm your action

Optionally if you prefer a much quicker and easier way without all those steps:

- Select the pack you want to destroy
- Locate the "Delete" key and press it

Video instructions of the above:

https://youtu.be/OnUrOsLOFQ8

J-Fly

Post by J-Fly » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:13 am

jestermgee wrote:If you want to remove packs you cannot use (and yes Lite is basically Live standard without the ability to do or use pretty much anything) then strap on your technicians hat because this gets a bit complicated:

- Click the Packs section in the browser
- Locate pack you wish to destroy
- Right click said pack
- Select the option called "Delete" and then confirm your action

Optionally if you prefer a much quicker and easier way without all those steps:

- Select the pack you want to destroy
- Locate the "Delete" key and press it

Video instructions of the above:

https://youtu.be/OnUrOsLOFQ8
Thanks! I'll give these tips a shot so I can get deep into what Ableton does.

J-Fly

Post by J-Fly » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Wow, I had so many issues that it was easier to remove Live, delete all files, and reinstall. Now I have a clean version of Live Lite and noticed that there are no clips. So are clips not included in Live Lite? I'm asking because I've been following a tutorial that's focused on clips.